The Tour 2023

I have given plenty of negative feedback, but worrying about feedback I might have to give in the future, or worrying about what might happen, is counterproductive.

5 Likes

Fair enough.

+1

1 Like

+1. Again.

3 Likes

I know that I said in another thread that I couldn’t argue with you anymore unless you’ve paid, so imma do this one on my spare time :wink:

I’ll disagree here, a little, sort of.

Sometimes companies (and politicians) will float out ideas or hint at things to see what kind of public reaction there might be or to get a sense of what interest there is outside of the confines of the offices of senior management which can often just be an echo chamber of “oh yes, that’s a really great idea” feedback loop.

So, in the case of The Tour and this specific thread, given that a couple of Knights had taken the initiative to change the title before a staffer went in and changed it back, twice, it’s possible that the feedback given, neutral , positive and negative may impact how it looks when it has actually been decided what it will look like.

I won’t “worry” about it, but I will let my thoughts be known.

11 Likes

And I’d do it again… :wink:

#noregrets

7 Likes

Lol. I sooo want to encourage you to do it again but at the same time I think Sir @Rupert.H has other things he’d rather be doing.

4 Likes

It’s only 'cause I like @Rupert.H that I gave it up. And I feel bad he’s been put out front as the bullet-stopper.

4 Likes

when it should be you, obvs :wink:

2 Likes

Well clearly. :smirk:

We all serve our purpose.

4 Likes

Was one of those, Sir Glen. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Now word stopper is a different story and that’s where we are. I’m hoping to see the list of events and be able to pick out a path to complete. I missed one of the tours due to being post surgery. I missed parts of the next two due to work. I really love the comrade during before, during, and after the event. Time to start fundraising!

2 Likes

Oh man!!! SERIOUSLY!?

This thread has moved a long way from the original topic but ….

I totally agree. I can do the same Sufferfest workouts again and still “enjoy” the content and this motivates me. The Inspiration videos are interesting only the first time.

9 Likes

Personally, there’s videos that I can do over and over, at all or without audio, but it’s honestly a mixed bag between old and new, differing genes, or whatever. As long as it’s not Elements of Style, i don’t care. I hate with a passion almost every single thing about that, and double for Kirby’s narration.

That was therapeutic saying that, please excuse me :man_bowing:

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s going to be a popular opinion (but I have no problem with you giving your opinion).
I would be very upset if “Think of whisky if you prefer” were to be taken out of the narration as part of sanitising Sufferfest. I once thought it had been as it doesn’t appear in the first section but does in the second.

1 Like

That particular commentator has ruined many a TV race coverage for me with his inanities, to the point where I’ll turn off the audio or just stop watching, so it’s a bit of a Pavlovian response now - there’s the other stuff in there that grates, but that’s the real trigger :grin:

2 Likes

My Wife and I have always looked forward to THE Tour of Sufferlandria since being hooked in 2018. We complete the training plan together and look towards THE Tour’s suffering and mental toughness. Why move the date? February was the perfect off-season time for me. Is it to make it better for those south of the Equator? March lines up perfectly with the start of some outdoor riding and Spring Break… SMH

The loss of Sir Dylan saddens me. I feel like he would be fighting to keep a balance.

I love the Sufferfest videos. I still watch them with every ride. The film rides that come up in my training plan once I have seen them end up as a no-vid option while synchronously using Z#$%T.

I love sports science, but suffering is what keeps me here. Please stay true to the original TOUR.

R.

11 Likes

I was so sure the THE Tour would be in February, so I signed up for a lovely cycling trip in March. March 12-18 to be exact. I wish the best of suffering to all of you who will participate this year, but I don’t think I’ll trade my lovely cycling trip for a week in a small, smelly room grunting and cursing my way through the as yet unannounced torture line up. Really, why mess with a good thing?

6 Likes

Nice! Now, there is the possibility of doing it outdoors :wink:

2 Likes

The ToS has transcended the need to be named like cheap wannabes such as the Tour de France, for The Tour is greater and known throughout the land for its suffering and Laser Goats! It’s like Adele, Socrates, or Voltaire, it need only be known henceforth as The Tour

3 Likes