🎺🎺🎺 The Wahooligan Tour 2023 - Registration is Open! 🎺🎺🎺

Well, It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time.

1 Like

Can Knights awaiting their official granting of the accolade welcome to join? :dagger:

5 Likes

Absolutely!

1 Like

First time I applied for this race and supporting event.
See you soon!

6 Likes

Excellent. Guaranteed “fun” ahead!

2 Likes

Third Reich actually banned the old German imperial flag though and replaced it with the swastika flag…

Can someone enlighten me as to why anyone would equate the SUF flag with the Third Reich/Nazi-ism please? What am I missing?

Because of the use the colours black red and white? Surely anyone is at liberty to use the combination of colours? Is someone asserting that use of that colour combination is unacceptable?

Because the German Imperial Flag looked like this?

But that flag was adopted by the leaders of the German people who OPPOSED Nazism in the early 1930’s - and as David posted above - was banned by the Nazi’s when they took power.

So I must be missing something. What please?

Yes you are missing the fact that that flag and other versions are regularly used by Neo nazi groups.

I don’t think we need to go over the flag change thing again as that was all explained when it happened.

3 Likes

So the it’s modern day neo Nazi movements appropriation of the German Imperial Flag (banned by the Third Reich) that SUF is being distanced from (if I understand correctly).

It may have been explained before but as long as people post equating with Third Reich but without explaining why, then people who don’t know why will ask why.

I wonder if Irag will consider dropping its national flag too.

1 Like

Just think everyone is getting too sensitive these days. Why don’t people just grow some balls, stop whining about everything, stop taking offence and just get on with life, the world would be a better place.

6 Likes

When people ask why, the answer is, as Sir Lee @aerobrain mentioned, that the decision to change the flag was explained by and made by the founder of The Sufferfest fully 2 years ago so please forgive us any perceived impatience. You can read Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS’s post here:

It’s a fair question but whether people agree or disagree, like or don’t like the decision, the decision has been made. Just like the decision to change the name of the Tour of Sufferlandria to the Wahooligan Tour. Lots of people don’t like the name change (myself included) but the change is made.

In any case, @JonEbGood, since this is your first time posting in the forums, and you’ve posted here in the Wahooligan Tour 2023 registration topic, I hope you’ll register for it and we can all see you at the start line. You can be guaranteed, it will bGood :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Now that we have the ability to upload SUF workouts to Elemnt and Bolt head units, does anyone have any thoughts on whether we will be able to do that during the Tour and take the occasional workout outside? It always seems like there are one or two unseasonably warm days during the tour where I’m dying to get outside. It would be nice to be able to do that and get out of my dungeon and still participate in the Tour

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling it doesn’t count towards the normal badges if you do, so might not count towards the tour badge… But I don’t know for certain.

Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS or Sir @Rupert.H do you know if riding a stage using the outdoor workout on an ELEMNT computer will count?!

3 Likes

Thank you Sir Glen for taking the time to post the link to the Announcement of two years ago.

As a returnee to the ‘community’ (from where I followed Sir David’s link to this forum) reading that has been helpful in understanding some comments and ‘tensions’ evident there and above; and may help future returnees too.

Apologies to have circled this thread over ground previously covered elsewhere. Best wishes to all whatever opinions/feelings are held regarding the changes.

6 Likes

All good. So….we will see you at the start line then :wink:

1 Like

I love Super Troopers. Such a great movie!

1 Like

Hi, has the tour prep training plan come out yet?

It’ll likely come out with the route announcement I imagine.

2 Likes

6 week plan?

1 Like

Guess so, however many weeks it is until the tour. May also have the tour plus a week or two recovery after though