The Wahooligan Tour 2024

I agree with you, @Rick, but to be clear - we would NEVER let (non-KoS) corporate in the castle. Nor are they allowed in the 9 Hammers.

:wink:

7 Likes

Iā€™ll support YOU and the knightā€™s team, Sir @Glen.Couttsā€¦

5 Likes

Thank for this, Capā€™n Sir @CPT_A!

I know my fundraising will not even come remotely close to last year as Iā€™ve nearly run out of things to auction :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Worst name everā€¦reason not to participateā€¦I understand the rebrand of Sufferfest (even that I hate it as a Sufferfest fan) but how they can ignore all the comments from so many people here is beyond me. I always thought marketing should actually attract new customers and not scare existing ones offā€¦but hey maybe we are just not the customers Wahoo is looking for and they are looking for people vandalising and beating up others ā€¦ :frowning:

PS simply calling it the wahoo tour would do the job already

19 Likes

Whatā€™s the equivalent word to hooligan in the States? Mob?

3 Likes

I just found this on an online dictionary:

Hooligan:
a usually young man who engages in rowdy or violent behavior especially as part of a group or gang.

Some of the synonyms are: ruffian, thug, gangsterā€¦the list goes on.

I live in France and the word is used to identify a certain type of English football fans. Those who cause troubles.

In short, not a noun one would like to be addressed by. I can understand the frustration on the English community of the platform.

Cheers,

14 Likes

I think the US crew would get it better if they associated the name with One Percenters, Three Percenters or Skinheads

7 Likes

I realise that some people donā€™t like change.

Personally I donā€™t mind the Wahooligan after all violent person who fights or causes damage in public places is a fairly accurate description of a Sufferlandrian - although most of the damage should be done to themselves.

After allā€¦ ā€˜a rose by any other name.

Rule #5, Petal

2 Likes

In Germany, hooligan is a synonym for far-right, neo-nazi thugs. I put a German article into Google translate, think it conveys the meaning: Hooligans | Rechtsextremismus | bpb.de

If I wore something with the word hooligan on it in Germany, I would - quite rightly - expect to be punched in the face.

10 Likes

I am guessing at The Company the word ā€˜hooliganā€™ means nothing to them but it does mean a lot (in a bad way) to the rest of us who arenā€™t from the USā€¦

Perhaps we ought to list out the worst word possible which carries the same weight to word hooligan to The Company and stick it into their face and right under their nose to let them know how we all feel about it.

8 Likes

@Rick He still hangs out in the forum as the laser goat herder.

@Rick Is there something specific you are looking for?

SYSTM just dropped another workout last week and we also saw some Mike Cotty stuff too in the last few weeks.

They have also been working on the Wahoo App (replaced the old Wahoo Fitness App) which seems promising and hopefully means we will see a new workout player for SYSTM soon.

The company started 2023 with the potential to go out of business so I feel like 2023 is closing on a good note with the announced Zwift partnership, new trainers, new workouts and an updated app.

Also I do understand the comments on this thread about the use of the word hooligan and wish that they would address that.

11 Likes

+1

But also, their heals seem pretty dug in on this term

5 Likes

Itā€˜s not about change and you would probably feel differently about the awful branding if one of your relatives would have been almost beaten to death by hooligans. This is what they do and what has happened to my uncle.
A Sufferlandrian would not harm other people.

14 Likes

It is long past the time when Wahoo should have recognized that they have an international customer group and that the word ā€œhooliganā€ means something very different and horrible to some of their customers. Iā€™m from the US where the term doesnā€™t have the same connotation that it has in the UK or Europe. However, anyone with an ounce of cultural competence can see why no one wants to be associated with ā€œskinheadsā€ or ā€œNeo-nazi thugsā€. Wahoo needs to wake up and recognize that they are using a term that is offensive to their customers. Find another name to use.

16 Likes

+1 - especially when you consider all the lengths they have gone to correct (and rightfully so) sexist and other offensive content in their vids. I guess they feel it is ok to be offensive for this but not in their rides when anyone points out the issue. Can you spell HIPOCRACY?

9 Likes

Iā€™m in!! Canā€™t wait to suffer together for this amazing cause!

7 Likes

I think that was more from The Sufferfestā€™s former leader who definitely had his finger on the pulse a lot more than Wahoo seems to. The Sufferfest has done a LOT to still have fun while working hard to promote womenā€™s racing, fighting sexism and racism, and being sensitive to updating videos and imagery and taking action then backing it up whenever needed. Wahoo, on the other hand, seems to still be a bit out of touch and distant.

7 Likes

ā€¦and SO many others.

4 Likes

THE ALEX STIEDA

:face_holding_back_tears:

#:heart:7eleven

4 Likes

Slurpees on a hot day mid ride!

1 Like