The Wahooligan Tour STAGE 2: The Sufferfest - Attacker

Ouch. After yesterday’s two tour rides interleaved with a 3 hour, 55km gravel ride with 1400m of climbing my legs weren’t feeling too great today.
Attacker turned into more of a recovery ride after my legs died at the start of the second set. I still managed to finish and to smash the final attack. (graph withheld for obvious reasons).
Hoping my legs are a bit better tomorrow!

Chris

10 Likes

For reasons not worth explaining, I did Revolver and Attacker back to back.
At least Stage 1 and 2 are done.

14 Likes

That sounds decidedly unpleasant - well done!!

5 Likes

Ouch! I don’t want to know the reaspn why…having no justification to attempt that is just fine with me! Well done!!!

4 Likes

Me too, and that is a mistake I shall not repeat!

6 Likes

I most definitely questioned things after yesterday’s rides, topped with 20,000+ steps at the music festival. Legs were heavy getting out of bed but came good thankfully.

3 Likes

Have been in an emotional and physical slump for awhile now. Today decided to ditch all plans and start the Tour…felt so good breathing hard, sweating and also watching donations come in.
Looking forward to Stage 2!
In less than a month I’ll be putting my mom
Into assisted care due to her decline from Parkinson’s. I’m kind of a wreck so need to focus on my health and well being so I can be strong for her.
Glad I have this community to challenge me and empathize :heart:

32 Likes

Good on you Dame Britt!
It’s tough. I had to move my mum into Aged Care last year due to worsening dementia.
It’s hard to see someone who used to be so strong and independent having to completely rely on others.
Good luck with the rest of the tour!

Chris

6 Likes

Loving these!!!

4 Likes

Smiling but only after the 4min Julian love in/cool-down.

14 Likes

@Dame_Britt!

:+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

As with many, this has become very personal for you. Definitely take care of yourself, too!

:orange_heart: :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Agree w Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS. Though if you keep adding different graphs to your charts @gwydion, I’m excited for the scatter plot at stage 6?!?

:smirk:

2 Likes

Ooooh, Il est trés sombre! Artistique!

:cook:t2: :kiss:

3 Likes

Attacker is hard enough on fresh legs but after Stage 1, that was really a struggle. Stage 3 awaits.

5 Likes

With the time change affecting my sleep, I found myself lying awake at 2:30 wondering how to spell Huy for some reason and trying to recall which race featured the Mur de Huy. Interval #5 reminded me! Here I am just after crossing the finish line and into the cool down, but laser goat still in pursuit behind me.

14 Likes

Stage 2 done. Legs dead after yesterday but in true Sufferlandria fashion pumped it out @100% .

Additions to my porridge Brekkie

Piece of cake!!!

16 Likes

This is one of my all-time fave Suf rides, the music, the racing, the commentary, and of course the 5 epic beatings. It’s always the same for me, first couple seem ok, third feels a little tougher, fourth bites, and fifth is a lung-buster to the line - followed by pure joy, relief, nausea & eventually Fanta.

Great work to everyone who was able to “Survive” this stage… #kat-leon

14 Likes

Wow - nasty - great! :nauseated_face::+1:

4 Likes

Ha! Bravo!

3 Likes

Reading about those that did a recent Half Monty/Full Frontal (or those that didn’t and wished they did feeling fitness may be down) make me thankful I put a fitness test prep on my plan for next week.

Attacker (last done by me late Dec 2022) - I had a good session today. I did accidentally slip into level mode on the fifth interval while faffing about to get the camera in a place to take a picture of my suffering, but I got it back to ERG mode quickly enough (and I will head to the flogging station). I’m not going to jinx myself at this point at say this was easy, but… Stage 6 is the one that has me worried.

I am thankful that Stage 4: On Location Portugal - Nazare to Setubal looks like a nice recovery day. With Day Light Savings time now started in the USA, I start back leading a Wednesday night group ride on that same day, so I will have a chance to add a little spice or even more Zone 2 as needed. It looks like it will be a clear but chilly day here for that outside ride.

Attacking

Fin

No pics of the resident Couchlandrian/Minions today, same as yesterday with one on the couch next to me on his bed of pillows, and the other comfy still in bed. No sympathy from either.

8 Likes