The Wahooligan Tour STAGE 2: The Sufferfest - Attacker

Eeeexactly. You update AFTER the tour. :wink:

Though I strongly suggest you give yourself a week or two post-Tour before doong the HM/FF prep week. Give yourself a little recovery.

2 Likes

#4doesmore
 or is it 5?

Bring it on!

grateful for the creator and for everyone who made this different Kingdom grow

15 Likes

So glad to have you joining us Dame Britt!! Good state of mind to be in, focusing on your own health and well-being, but remember to give yourself “space”. Some days you’re going to feel awesome and other days will probably be a huge emotional battle. Give what you can and know you have an entire nation holding you close and lifting you up!!

4 Likes

No Suf face to share but my quick ride report: leaving only 14 hours between stages 1 & 2 wasn’t ideal, but the legs seem to be able to grind out threshold work pretty well

Who else is going to spend the next 24 hours visualizing dropping tough guy @Coach.Neal.H on Rabbit Mountain tomorrow? We know you’ve got a whole case of Real Pagne in your wine cellar, so why are you afraid to break it out sir? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Dame_Britt you are not alone! I helped my mom, a PD sufferer, move into assisted living a month ago. It’s hard. She is my best example of playing the hand you’re dealt without complaints or excuses. She has worked so hard to stay physically fit, and even in her dementia and decline can still do 45-second planks and wall sits! I ride for her, and because I want to be like her.

Great work jumping into the Tour. And all the best in your care for your mom.

13 Likes

Stage 2 done and dusted. I’ve always loved this workout - it’s definitely a solid effort, but I always described it as “restorative suffering”; gives you a glimpse of the “suffer bus” without getting you in there too deep. But after yesterday’s double, today was a bit of a different story. Legs definitely feeling a bit sluggish and I absolutely did not appreciate ALL. THE. STANDING. Uggghhhh
 Dug deep, hung on for dear life, and managed to make it through.

11 Likes

I love Attacker. enough that it doesn’t really feel like suffering. I generally load it up by 5% at least because the inspiration from the video and seeing Alaphilippe overtake at the end carries me through the final interval far too easily. Today I was on the verge of retching at the end, so I clearly paced it about right :face_vomiting:

I had thought that tomorrow was the UCI Road session, rather disappointed to find that it’s not the case. I liked that one too - it’s kind of like an Attacker in super-slow motion. Instead of a 6-minute build-up, it takes 30 minutes or something like that. Oh well, I’ll just have to trudge through the rest of the week and keep looking forward to Friday.

11 Likes

Stage 2 definitely put the legs “in a spot of bother”!

4 Likes

ÂĄALLEZ, JUJU, ALLEZ!

As 4DP switched me to an Attacker this year, I suppose I have to like Attacker by default. So yeah – :heart: :heart: :heart: Attacker! How can I love Attacker, yet hate Defender? Life’s just full of mysteries, I guess. :smirk:

tWiT stage 2
A
completed. Attacker is a great ride, and a fitting HALF of a stage, but by itself? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (For those new to these here parts, the 2021 ToS Stage 7 was Defender AND Attacker.)

Three attackers for half of a good ToS stage + one pavé for JuJu.

#everybodyhurts
#embracethesuck

96xgvoyj807z.gif

Goodbye, Sufferlandria. Guess we have to put Fluffy in the rear-view mirror and pack the goat cart for
Colorado?

sigh
:face_with_diagonal_mouth: :face_with_diagonal_mouth: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

11 Likes

Attacker is done! Such a good workout. I’m questioning whether I’ll finish it at the end of the first one minute ‘attack’, but the recovery is just enough to get into the rhythm for the remaining four intervals.

3 Likes

@CPT_A You will feel like you are in Sufferlandria. Rabbit Mountain is a spicy workout - 4 x 10 with different progressions for the blocks.

5 Likes

I did a triathlon on Saturday
only to have to start the tour on Sunday.

My legs. They dead. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Well, this will be my 3rd time up RM. It’s definitely a good workout for a tour event — to be expected from coach Neal — but it’s no Sufferlandria. No music, no wit, no bad jokes, no goats

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

7 Likes

Survived another stage. Forgot about all the standing and the way stage 2 legs feel. Thought the standing would get te best of me in the 3rd interval. Somehow found new legs in 4 and 5.

Tour face, day 2 be like:

13 Likes

Usually a workout I find really tough but after the day1 stages, attacker did not seem too bad.It felt as though the minions had been slowing the clock down during some efforts, but hey ho another day chalked off

6 Likes

No rabbits either! :grin:

Must admit I put on a fave Suf playlist to give it that extra zip, not loud enough to drown out Sir Neal mind you

4 Likes

Attacker’s gonna attack. LOVE this workout and the little dig at Defender near the start :innocent:

16 Likes

I know, right???

It’s posts like this that make the suffering bearable. God bless to you and your mom. For the rest of us - we go again tomorrow!

2 Likes

Yeah, the stands be hard. I just can’t stand at high cadence on a stationary trainer. Years of trying be damned.

5 Likes