The wahooligan tour stage 4 - official race thread

Stage 4.1 done

mc_480(1)

Every time I see Mike Cotty overtaking normal, mortal cyclists with ease, I think of this Tintin strip…

7 Likes

Very good! :joy:

1 Like

Yeah certainly going to be some of that! :joy:

2 Likes

That much harder than expected.
Never done so many sprints

3 Likes

Did Cash Register first of course. Both done.

Now to go get some good screenshots

3 Likes

Yep… I reckon The Model tomorrow is going to be carnage.

GvA approves.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like you need to ride Violator :rofl:

4 Likes

I just might have to stop “liking” your Strava posts from this ToS until you are sufficiently suffering with the rest of us … unless you are tapering up for a ride to the castle after this event.

4 Likes

She has so much energy left she doesn’t even need to finish her gels.

2 Likes

Doing Cash Register second was daring :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

I did Cash Register first got to say wasn’t as tough as I had feared doing them back to back. But to be fair I did miss Stage 1 :see_no_evil: so only had 2&3 in my legs :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I just did them in the order they showed up in my calendar. It was pretty tough and I wasn’t trying to be daring.

Now if I was to do them again, :rofl::rofl::rofl: as if that’s going to happen!

2 Likes

Cash Register was tough, mostly because I did the NM efforts in ERG mode. They would’ve been easier in level mode. But I struggled all the way through every sprint effort.

On Location was a nice change of pace with all the low Zone 2. As the second effort of the day, those AC efforts were a bigger struggle than expected. But I managed to use all my mental strength to force my was through them all.

I managed to make it through them both at 100%. But we’ll see how that makes me feel tomorrow while attempting The Model which is difficult by itself at 100% on fresh legs.

:grimacing: :crossed_fingers: :goat:

8 Likes

sounds like that’s future you’s problem :wink:

4 Likes

Future me is telling today’s me that I need a good night’s sleep tonight.

This tour has not gone according to plan, but I have a plan to salvage it and try to finish strongly.

9 Likes

That was a tough (but good) combination! The On Location sprints started to bite with the short recoveries. And they took the punch out of my legs, which made Cash Register feel harder than it normally does.

Sir Mike Cotty was right when he said something about “10 seconds seeming really long, and 50 seconds seeming really short” - quite a few of the sprints were actually 13 seconds and the recoveries shortened to 47 seconds.

7 Likes

Yes, those sprints are brutal. At first, you seem to recover, but as time passes…

4 Likes

There were just not enough sprints in the OL vid so, after doing a Power Station/Cash Register double yesterday, rather than the 12 measly sprints with Sir Standsalot, I thought I’d take a break today and did GvA’s gift to Couchlandria, Half is Easy with it’s 2 sets of 20* X 15* seond intervals (aka the Ugly 15s) instead. Now I’m properly rested and ready for The Model tomorrow.

*minion math. Your numbers may vary.

7 Likes

Yep

5 Likes

Since I am out of shape, my plan was that it would go badly. I am pleased to report that all is going according to plan :rofl: But I’m riding! and finishing! And suffering! Good times :dancing_women: Bring on The Model!

8 Likes