The Wahooligan Tour STAGE 7: To Get To The Other Side workout on RGT Stelvio

@SoMDMike Go to the yoga videos in the app and play the celebration video and you will get the badge.

3 Likes

Sir, will I earn the 7b badge for doing a real bike ride today? 1800ft of real hills, in epic rain & mud. I also met some actual Company staff - Wahoo and Canyon were running a demo day, had to chat about the Tour of course, and they respectfully addressed me as Sir. :rofl: After that we were getting buzzed by folk on eMTB and eGravel bikes. :triumph:

(Not me)

12 Likes

The wahoominati award you 28 SUF points.

Xoom Xoom!

3 Likes

:grin::champagne::pray:t2:

You know I’m still going to ride the Stelvio as well. And the bonus stage sounds fun!

But not today. :face_exhaling:

4 Likes

I wasn’t fit enough for the Wahoolimabob tour, but participated in one of the organised RGT Rides today.

Doing a group workout on RGT seemed a bit odd to me. The route and the workout simply don’t match. Inswitched to level mode from time to time and did some MAP intervals in that way :wink:.

I believe the company wanted to make this final stage kind of a social event with the rubber band. It still was to a certain extend even without. For me it fits the purpose of the tour to close it in kind of a social ride.
Maybe next year new features (thinking of ruber bands between riders on a similar strength level) could support this in a better way.

4 Likes

“I believe the company wanted to make this final stage kind of a social event with the rubber band. It still was to a certain extend even without. For me it fits the purpose of the tour to close it in kind of a social ride.”

Yes I agree a social ride / banded workout is a good idea in a similar TdF processional fashion. Just not on a course such as Stelvio.

5 Likes

There are two modes for the mic, as you can see in the RGT Remote App. Maybe you’ve had “Open Mic”.

2 Likes

TGTTOS on SYSTM today. Great, as always. A true celebration of Sufferlandria! Even though I’ve only been here since mid-2020, two tours of SUF were enough to convince me how great it is, and how hard. Here’s hoping next year we go back to those kinds of tours!
My final high cadence sprint:

Now I’m seriously thinking about storming the castle in April and joining the Knights. Gonna have to defeat my inner couchlandrian!

15 Likes

Done and dusted!

Bonus, I dropped Sir Neal!!!

15 Likes

I enjoyed the ride format for today’s final stage. I had asked about my Kickr Climb not responding during the workout in RGT, tried several things to get it to work, and wanted to post here that I got my answer as soon as the workout was over. When I exited the workout, the Climb started responding. My guess is that it’s not currently supported in workouts.

6 Likes

Thanks to all who helped me get going in rgt at the last minute today, did get through stage 7.
I couldn’t bear to stop once the workout ended and I was so close to the top of stelvio. Kept going. Thanks to.I. Vargas who have me a good last minute sprint at the top, and to a fellow canuck (Tozser?) who gave me some inspiration at the end of the workout section.
It was neat to see some familiar names from the forum, sirs

gstache, G coutts and e Evans!

7 Likes

Storm the Castle!
Best thing I ever did. The honour & glory of your victorious storming lasts forever. :heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Same feeling here; an either or approach would have been less confusing and more enjoyable.
All the same it did work for me. I felt bad seeing about 30? Riders seemingly get booted by the remote app crashing? I couldn’t quite follow the chat but I think that’s what got said. I felt lucky it worked for me. :unamused:

4 Likes

Feedback on RGT as a platform, it’s poor. No music, no engagement nothing exciting about it. Appreciate you using the Wahooligan Tour to expose more people to the platform, but if going to do that may as well make it exciting. And why it defaulted to Canary Wharf and not Stelvio is just a big miss. Hopefully all the stage counting will work out as many other responders have mentioned.

4 Likes

Nice ride, but some bugs to report on Windows 11 (some were reported during the ride)…

1. On Kickr Bike, climb function did not work during the structured workout. As soon as the workout ended (and I still had 350m to go to finish the course) it kicked in and tilted up. (tried locking/unlocking, control on/off, manual tilt, back to unlock, etc, no luck.
  2. Although I finished the course when the structured workout section was over, the export to Strava only included the workout portion - so I lost 350m as well as the power data that went with it.
  3. Due to Schroeder not muting, when I popped up the voice screen to look to see if I could find a way to mute him, I couldn’t get the overlay to go away when the menu was up. So after popping up the voice menu, for the rest of the workout I couldn’t get to any other options (e.g., erg toggle, harder/easier, etc).
  4. Suggestion - as with SYSTMX, there should be a preview of what the next interval will want in terms of cadence/power. You can guess as to power, but the jumps between 60 rpm and 110 rpm can be jarring if you don’t know they’re coming.
5 Likes

Sir Glen’s stage 7a and 7b challenge is the perfect solution. Even though RGT threw me off the Stelvio twice (and let me back in) I had already spent an hour and a half with Sir Standsalot, so I knew my badge was secured. Thanks for that challenge Sir Glen!

4 Likes

For me riding the RGT ride was a compete anti-climax.
It was my first experience on the platform and I have not been that bored riding my turbo since before the days of “smart trainers”.
The main suffering was the utter tedium (if the ascent wasn’t boring enough, the descent just had me asking “When will this end?”).
Can we go back to proper tour next year please where I finish thinking I’ve achieved something worthwhile and not that I’ve just squandered 2 hours of my life?

10 Likes

Good call! I rode it in Sys and really enjoyed the music and video.I was really worried about having to stand like Sir Mike. Such a relief not to hear that dreaded ding!

7 Likes

Stage 7a and 7b done. I rode with Sir Mike Cotty in Sufferlandria first, then climbed the Stelvio independently with a few real riders and a lot of pace bots and realbots, (what is the difference?) I also rode the Stelvio/TGTTOS as stage 0 on Friday before stage 1 opened as a bookend to make the wahoolimabob tour a bit closer to a Tour of Sufferlandria. With the robots out there and a few real riders, I had to (maybe not HAD to, but really, how can I not chase rabbits) chase the ones who were slow enough to catch. Therefore I could not follow the workout. But I could use the TGTTOS power targets and my HR as way to gage my effort so I wouldn’t blow up before the top.
Today my goal was to get to the top faster than last week (success), but the platform tossed me off less than 2k from the top! Grrr. It let me back in at my place and time, but the evil bot Rhett had passed me! Fortunately, Mike Cotty’s sage advice from TGTTOS - just put aside the pain and keep pedaling -, the tough finish in stage 6, and my natural desire to suffer pushed me past the bot before the top.
I feel properly worn out and giddy from endorphins and oxygen deprivation. Hope all find a way to enjoy this as much as I did, despite the snafu I experienced.
Many thanks to Sir @Glen.Coutts for the double 7a and b finish suggestion!

6 Likes

Finisher’s face:

Was a bit worried after reading all the messages here but went all-in on RGT. Only realising I forgot to connect my TICKR.

I am lucky to report that I had no issues whatsoever on RGT.

As a final stage goes not to convinced - probably better to just do the stage 7b option next time: just let us ride as hard as we can.

As part of the tour I liked it because I had not tried RGT but probably it should have been stage 3 or 4 with the rest moving up. Stage 6 could have been a nice closing workout.

Anyway, as always I enjoyed a week full of forum chatter and suffering even if the Tour has lost it’s name and is now venturing outside of it’s borders. But hey, the Tour de France started in Denmark last year.

So it must mean that we have been riding the 4th Grand Stage.

Cheers to all who finished and good luck to all that still need to.

13 Likes