The Wahooligan Tour STAGE 7: To Get To The Other Side workout on RGT Stelvio

@mmonette Correct - it isn’t supported in ERG mode which I think is really the same thing as not supported by a workout since you normally would be in ERG for a workout.

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4855362867474-What-sensors-and-trainers-are-supported-in-RGT-

2 Likes

7b completed…7a up in about 45min. :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

:white_check_mark: Only TGTTOS to finish the “tour” tonight!
:negative_squared_cross_mark: still have TGTTOS to finish the “tour” tonight

:white_check_mark: Confirmed my max heart rate
:negative_squared_cross_mark: confirmed my max heart rate

Other notes:

• Turns out I got a free “Wahoo Steer” for use in RGT - I use a quad lock mount on my bikes for my phone. When I mount it in landscape mode, I can reach it with my thumbs and “steer” for only $20!

• my road bike is WAY over-geared for the Stelvio. Whatever the digital equivalent of getting off and walking is, I about did it on a couple of those 20% switchbacks

• had a mad race to the bottom with racebot “Morgan” - took turns drafting each other all the way down and then I dumped him in the final 300m to “win” the race to the valley. (Side note: @#$% you, Morgan!)

7ezgkj

11 Likes

EDIT: Man, what the HELL was I thinking???

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

There was only one kit to wear for the Queen Stage

There was only 1 pair of socks to ride for Passo Dello Stelvio.

Stage 7a :white_check_mark:. I bailed on the group workout on RGT. Just not my thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. TGTTOS is SUCH a great time and the last few minutes with Sir Standsalot are just priceless. I’ve done this vid nearly a dozen times and it never gets old. I always smile and laugh at the end. Some great music too. Especially liked Sorry Captain by Sale of Joy.
For anyone that’s never done the SUF vid 13/10 would recommend.

Stage 7b :white_check_mark:. As expected a long solo slog even with about 60 riders on course. Grateful for the Kickr Climb and the 34/32 which I used the whole way up. Saw at least a couple of Sufferlandrian jerseys so that was nice. Also saw Cap’n Sir Ian @CPT_A FLYING down the other side of the road. I don’t recall when but that was nice! Descending on a ride like this, even though it’s a sim, is still a ton of fun. Great way to spin out the legs and reach “speeds” I’d be terrified to reach on any hill irl.

To any finishers who felt a wee bit meh after their group ride or their solo workout on RGT, adding in 7b is VERY rewarding and a fantastic way to finish. You will each be awarded 46 SUF points by the wahoominati.

To everyone who started The Wahoolimabob Tour whether you donated and never rode, whether you rode some stages but not all, whether you rode them all and added in some extra challenges and whether you’re not quite done yet, it’s been a privilege to play my small part and a joy to share the suffering.

17 Likes

I did TGTTOS on SYSTM and everything checked complete fine. Don’t forget the yoga session!

4 Likes

Nothing worked, trying to get RGT working took more energy than the ride.I messed around for about 40 mins before riding systm. I registered for a ride yesterday.Today I clicked on my events nothing happens, clicked on upcoming events gave a drop down box, selecting “registered” I am told no workouts available. A search for my registered event found the box with the red banner, but I was asked to register again.A field comes up to go to the ride but pressing it just highlights it, no caption asking me to press again to confirm.I got to the start but did not move, pedalling was no help, my power cadence and hr sensors were connected .I tried to back out and ride it as a solo ride but it defaulted to canary warf or back to the group ride stuck on the start line.

1 Like

I dropped Sir Neal too! :smiley: We kept leap-frogging each other (I started Stage 7b a couple of minutes late, so our intervals were slightly offset)… but then I turned up the suffering in the last couple of kms.

6 Likes

One thing I especially like about the last three minutes up Mt. Sufferlandria with Sir Standsalot, is that i live fairly near where they filmed it and know the climb well. It’s no 25% irl, but it is a good challenge! Congrats to all!

12 Likes

Trainer on the porch again, rain returns tomorrow. So, I tried to run both the RGT and SYSTM simultaneously but couldn’t figure out how to do one without being controlled by my KICKR and they were fighting each other. Gave up on the RGT because staring at my avatar butt in a cartoon world was not overly engaging. The video in SYSTM was much more engaging although the video and the power/cadence targets make zero sense. The Dolomites are gorgeous and again better to stare at than my cartoon butt. I really enjoyed the Tour and was happy raise money for @DPhin Foundation. Remember that that’s why we were supposed be riding… Wahooligans and Sufferlandrians united against Parkinson’s. So last red cheeks for the tour. I’m going to go squeeze out my braids and fill bottles of Holy Water…

16 Likes

Way to get it done @Isa I ended up bailing on the group workout. Missed the starting gun due to reasons. Then, rode for awhile but just couldn’t get into the format. Soooo much more enjoyable for me to spend it with Sir Standsalot.

5 Likes

Hey @campbham, welcome to the forums! I have never been a fan of structured workouts on sim apps like RGT, Zwift etc. I’d rather stub my toe. Like you I NEED to be engaged with music, a story, something helping me push. For training, my default is The Sufferfest.

That said, in defence of RGT, I’ve used RGT and Zwift, and FulGaz and others for climbing. Group rides can be okay too (if you know the group and want to get social) and racing can be thrilling. I’m only saying this so you don’t completely write off RGT. Depending on what you are after, it can be pretty cool actually. Magic Roads for example can let you use your own GPX file and train on a route of your own when the weather isn’t suitable. Or, recce a course you may have signed up for but have never had the chance to ride it.

In any case, The Company will get everyone sorted, it’s just unfortunate that for a number of folks, the tour ended with a whimper instead of a bang.

3 Likes

This! It’s by far the best thing about RGT and the only reason I use it. It’s been a highly motivating pleasure this winter to do a few of my favorite summer rides indoors.

7 Likes

Yeah this had never occurred to me prior to someone mentioning this week. Will keep this one in mind.

1 Like

Climb the Stelvio
 Mountain so nice, did it twice.
 Alone with Sir Mike.

(a haiku)

Boom, stage 7a done. Awful, horrible…but a solid dose of suffering to (hopefully) bring honor to the nation.

And it had been awhile since I’d done TGTTOS – I’d forgotten Sir @michael.cotty’s valiant attempt to assault Mount Sufferlandria at the end, @Glen.Coutts. Had to see that, so ran BOTH my RGT group ride, with Sir Mike in a window on screen. Got the second run up the Stelvio, the music, and the funny.

Kudos to @Bob_Benson (at least I’m assuming R.BENSON was you!) for sticking around after everyone else bailed. Sorry, would have hung out at the top for you, but the ride timed out at the finish!

8 Likes

Whoa… Impressed by your knightly mental stamina there.
Does stage seven twice, then composes a haiku? Good stuff!

4 Likes

Yeah, as with many of Sir @Glen.Coutts’s ideas, it was stupid.

…In the very best possible way. :wink:

4 Likes

Prove your commitment and get the jersey :wink:

2 Likes

This is the way.

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: the jersey, but to be honest new kit is rarely in the budget. I’m living off my old gear from back in the day.

I think all I’ve managed for KoS to date is a pair of socks. (Love 'em).

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

I had to auction off my old gear from back in the day. That’s how I PR’d my descent on The Stelvio today. Bulked up for the event :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes