TOS 2022: Stage 1 is OPEN! Let's hear your stories from the road!

I am gonig the Get Me Through It route this year. Great opening stage to the 10th Tour of Sufferlandria. Thank you to the team who assembled the line up. BTW, I just looked at DS. FOUR YEARS since I last did it. Going to be epic and I remember GateGate…

4 Likes

Long time sufferer, first time poster! It’s super motivating to read about everyone’s experiences…I have done the ToS for 8 years but this is the first time going nuclear so it is great to know you are all out there suffering with me!

13 Likes

I’m with Sir David…that’s was so so hard! Major props to those riders in the video.
I’m trashed. Time rest, drinks, and feast.

More than you!

5 Likes

Stage 1 in the books. Doing the focused version. Before starting the 4 DP settings were NM - 100%, AC - 80%, MAP - 80%, FTP - 90%. I bumped AC and MAP to 90% and FTP to 100%. After completing the stage, I wish I’d gone 100% on all. I still had some gas in the tank. The biggest issue for me was discomfort from being in the saddle for 2 plus hours.

Ready for Stage 2.

5 Likes

@CPT_A can I try and be careful at 100%? Just finished Stage 2 at 100% with a compression sleeve on the leg. Went well from the leg perspective, the ride itself notwithstanding.

5 Likes

Good on you! Like your doctor, I just want to make sure you can still walk after the ToS is over.

:wink:

3 Likes

If I can finish the rest of the tour nuclear, then walking is just a bonus. :disappointed:

5 Likes

Stage 1 complete. Sundays are not the easiest day for me to fit trainer rides in, but this is important! Such a privilege to be a part of this endeavor here in my basement in Denver, CO with so many from around the world!

17 Likes

ToS Stage 1 :white_check_mark:

|pain|misery|agony|
|honour|glory|victory|
cracked
:cold_face:
:ice_cube::ice_cube::ice_cube:
ice bath time
:ice_cube::ice_cube::ice_cube:

10 Likes

That ride hurt in all the best ways. There were many cookies afterward. I loved the immersion and it totally helped me at the end. My legs and lungs were screaming but the only thing in my brain was ‘don’t lose that wheel!’. Bravo Clara and the Wahoo team that made it possible for someone like me to experience the pro peloton.

8 Likes

Oh, that picture quite neatly sums up how things felt after Stage 1. Zombie-mode gets fully engaged from that point until sleep.

6 Likes

To ride through the pain as any prospective Knight is willing to do…. Is one step beyond my suffering.

After committing to the kingdom and the suffering for which it stands, I was unable to begin my quest for knighthood. An unfortunate incident ten days before the testing with a wood chewing chained beast, left 25% of my right patellar tendon attached.

In the shift of a derailleur, ten months of preparation, sweat and expectations were lost. I am now plagued with recurring nightmares of the Laser Goat leading the way down the Royal path that I am currently unable to follow.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you….young and old(er), those fit and those aspiring, those well and those with challenges. Give all that you can and then give some more for those of us who would love to be suffering with you. May you all be well tested and found worthy.

18 Likes

Thanks Sir :pray:, 2/7 down at 100%, goal is 100% 7/7 … hope my legs don’t follow the downward spiral the other day :joy::see_no_evil:

7 Likes

What great start for the Tour.
Very much ‘enjoyed’ it. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

:doughnut: :biking_man: :goat: ToS2022 - Stage 1. Wahoo SYSTM: ProRides: Giro d’Italia Donne 1.

This video was supposed to be a YouTube live stream.
But after 2 days of trying to get OBS working together with my GoPro Hero10 I gave up.
The stream froze after a couple of minutes no matter what settings I tried.
Does anybody know how to use OBS (or an alternative software) to stream live on YouTube with your GoPro?
I would very much appreciate your help.

Please support me. Your donations to the DAVIS PHINNEY FOUNDATION would be a great motivation to keep pushing through this stage race nuclear and will help a lot.

Please follow the link and make a small contribution. That would be so awesome.
It really makes a difference!

http://dpf.convio.net/site/TR/TeamDPF/TourofSufferlandria?px=1099568&pg=personal&fr_id=1271

7 Likes

Oh man!!

Not lost. Filed away for when you are able :slight_smile:

This totally SUX Yak balls for you, obviously, but thanks for thinking of us. Thinking of you, it’s not too late to join the #alttour

4 Likes

“Laundry’s piling up…”
Aren’t you wearing the same bib shorts all week? No need to wash them, this is the tour of Sufferlandria after all…!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Yeah. But only us Sufferlandrians are supposed to suffer. No need to expose other users of common space to our odoriferous residue.

5 Likes

Peace (PACE) flag.

I have completed the Giro d’Italia Donne stage within the ‘time cut!’ The race inspired me to have my finishing photo with the PACE (peace) flag that we got in Italy in 2006. It sure seems the world could benefit from this. Also, during that trip we visited Assisi and were pleasantly impressed with the town and St Francis, particularly with his connection to ecology and animals. This and the happenstance visit to St. Francis Winery in Sonoma Valley in 2016 with our dear Charlee- the Wonder Dogg (RIP) for a blessing-of-the-animals event (Father Alvin in the photo enjoying Charlee), influenced our decision to return to the winery for my birthday on Saturday. What a great weekend and a fine start to the Tour of Sufferlandria 2022. RIde in PEACE brothers and sisters of the Nation! 🍀
![8064E322-C0B3-4D38-9D81-3FA5FF5CE36B|666x500](upload://88j

sUKaWEa50Dk8AhfID2vyoWTS.jpeg)

8 Likes

Precisely! And there is always the worry that the dogs will decide a stinky chamois is a new toy.

6 Likes