ToS 2022: Stage 2 - The Way Out - is OPEN! Discuss here!

Stage 2 done. Things were getting a bit blurry at the end, but maybe that’s because I didn’t eat enough going in. Can’t be because I was rocking in the saddle, right? :grin:

14 Likes

https://www.redbubble.com/i/poster/Official-Poster-of-the-2022-Tour-of-Sufferlandria-by-bvduck/102218156.E40HW

3 Likes

After doing stage 1 at 100%, there was no way I was doing this full bore, so I did it at a reduced rate. Since I have done the workout a few times before, no guilty conscience here.

I am always amazed when I do this workout, how @michael.cotty can take off his jacket, fold it up, and put it away all the while keeping perfectly balanced on the bicycle.

Somebody has a wicked sense of humor…during the last climb (at about 7:42 left) the comment on the screen says “flattening”. You just go from a 11% to a 12% grade.

9 Likes

Live in 8 minutes! Come say hello! Join the Wahoo Team w/ Sir David & Sir Dylan for the Enterpainment, Misery and Agony of Stage 2 - YouTube

14 Likes

Stage 2 in the books. Going Nuclear for whole tour; no choice - did 23 years on nuclear subs. After Stage 1’s rapid fire power/cadence changes and the total ride time, I enjoyed today’s lower cadence power grinds/shorter ride. Definitely felt different muscle recruitment in the legs at 55/60 rpm. Beautiful video scenery makes the ride a little less painful. Bring on Stage 3!

9 Likes

This is one of my favorite rides. Did it at 100%. But I do have one complaint.

As I was grinding through the second half of the ride and the 10 minute climb followed by the 8 minute climb, I just remember my head down, chewing stem and sweating buckets, and every time I look up Mike is cool, calm and collected. No shortness of breath, not a drop of sweat. Couldn’t they squirt some water on him from a bottle and pretend he is experiencing what we are?

11 Likes

On our live ride today, @dylan.robbins and I did some brainstorming and came up with the idea that @michael.cotty should wear animal suits on an upcoming On Location ride. I don’t mean during an indoor training session, but while he’s OUTSIDE filming for On Location. We have good ideas.

23 Likes

I’m thinking a week with Mike Cotty could be fun. He probably sweats sometimes. Maybe you get him on a KICKR for one of the days and have the fan malfunction.

7 Likes

Pretty sure he’s had his sweat glands surgically removed to make him climb even faster.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Was cruising for the first bit, then boom, those low gear efforts gave me some grief for the second half of the ride. Gonna sleep well tonight!

5 Likes

How about a small TOS '22 tattoo on your forehead? Could work? :thinking:

9 Likes

Pure evil genius GvA!!
Set us up thinking it is a recovery day then smash us with low cadence FTP efforts on top of sore legs.
I’ve always thought that’s quite a nice ride, and the warmup was so easy I thought I didn’t need to be on focused mode. I took the effort up to 100%! Oh how foolish was I !!

4 Likes

Why are you using the singular “on an upcoming On Location ride”? Surely there are many rides, and animal suits?

16 Likes

This is why I love working with you Mike. Shall we start with that cow suit with the full udders?

5 Likes

What a good idea! I’m thinking TOS22er might look pretty good…

3 Likes

To the brim!

6 Likes

Is the cow suit from the other year still unlaundered…?

That’s got to be properly ripe for added nasal suffering by now…

3 Likes

Cows can hold grievances if I remember some of the little text bubbles during the Stage!

2 Likes

most cows are peaceful, they’re Cowchlandrians after all :wink:

8 Likes