ToS 2022: Stage 3 - The Downward Spiral - is OPEN! Get down with it here

Oh my! For a moment there, I thought that was your brain, that had leaped out, after realizing the suffering it would undergo in doing The Downward Spiral. Tasty food choice - if it is a cruller - as there are few stages more cruel than this one.

5 Likes

Day 3, felt good…

Until the last three sprints

6 Likes

Got home from work, changed, straight on the Wattbike, no time to procrastinate! Lactic legs on the warm up didn’t bode well! Made it through set 1 @ :100: , had to dial it down to 90 for the start of set two and finished back at :100:. That hurt. A lot.

9 Likes

Hofet! :fist_left:t2:

3 Likes

I can’t remember ever doing that video before in all the years… but it was EPIC!!
Loving “focused” version as I was able to beat all the yellow bars in the second half AND nail the penalty intervals and the sprint for the win. Just to show I did it right:

7 Likes

Ouch. Live for the pain……and the next stage.

7 Likes

Ok, that warm up at 100% when doing the Tour as focused is wicked. I should expect nothing less. Stage 3 done.

6 Likes

Stage 3 done. SOOOO grateful the GMTI option is a thing. Thing 1 or Thing 2 inspired the socks, well Dr. Seuss did anyway. While the targets were significantly reduced, due to my terrible fitness (atm) the suffering was real.

Pre-ride sock choice:

Post ride #toureyes:

This is me at the end of the last 15 second effort in the 10th of 8 intervals in the second set (which for yak farts and giggles, I increased to 100% of my usual AC target)

9 Likes

OUCH.

Hubby thought he could come into the pain cave to talk late in the second set. My response was not coherent or friendly. You’d think he’d know by now . . . . But Stage 3 is in the bag, on to Stage 4 and the great unknown.

9 Likes

Vintage Gold, Grunter! Stage 3 on Shrove Tuesday… probably not wise to ride after two plates of pancakes. Almost needed the bucket! Tell ya what I’m not giving up for Lent…Suffering and Misery! Bring it!!

4 Likes

One could make the argument that was the point. :wink:

1 Like

@Glen.Coutts You look like you’re having fun! That’s quite the pain face. You bring honor and glory to the land!

3 Likes

Always fun to be finished. Type 2 fun. We just keep coming back for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is type 2 fun like when someone says: anything is worth doing if you get a good story out of it.

1 Like

I always thought of Type 2 as the hard AF rides that you struggle with/almost die on/just barely manage to hold it together and not get dropped on/ suffer through and when you’re done say, that was fun and go out and do it again the next day or 2 later.

3 Likes

A friend of mine trekked in Nepal many years ago. He said he was sick, in pain, and miserable the whole time—and it was the best thing he had ever done. Type 2 fun?

5 Likes

Wow!!!

Haven’t done it in a while.
It’s a beautiful beast, I must say.

1 Like

You’ve got my vote for best sufferface of the Tour!

3 Likes

Enjoyable? I remember that word from somewhere

1 Like