ToS 2022: Stage 7: Sir Dan Corrick HONOUR Stage - OPEN!

11 Likes

Somehow dug deep and found extra strength for Cash Register, after being a blubbering mess for much of Blender.

This was such a warm message… anyone else tear up as he raised his hands? :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Yes was :cry: at the end of Blender and Cash Register

9 Likes

Wow!!

2 Likes

Stand for Sir Dan!!! Stage 7 complete. Knew all three as a combo was going to be hard, and it was. Blender and Cash Register tributes puts everything into correct prospective. Three back-to-back gives a small taste of what a KoS Quest entails - Chapeau to all Knights!! Thanks to everyone involved in bringing Tour of Sufferlandria 2022 to pain-caves worldwide.

13 Likes

Oh man. That might have been my hardest ever final stage. SUF Idol was tough and Blender had me in the box but fought through it…with cracks starting to show in the final 3 x TTs. Cash Register saw me completely and utterly buckle. I had nothing. I gave what I could and Suffered but was absolutely and completely spent. Happy with that. What a tough Tour that was indeed.

25 Likes

Today is the day. The seventh day of seven. Good sleep (Garmin 99%). Well filed. Sports nutrition in bottles. My son as DS telling me not to fade.

Badges from where I live and grew up. Eager to get that hard earned Tour of SUF-badge.

15 Likes

Absolutely dreading today, I’ve kicked my own arse for 6 days straight just so I can really kick it again today so I suppose it’s all worth it if you think about it like that.

9 Likes

Ouch that hurt! Wasn’t expecting to do the whole tour on nuclear, but another awesome year is complete.

Stage 7 was nuts and barely made it through, had nothing left to give at the end.

Hardest part was having to make my family pancakes for breakfast so had to be finished by 7am - up at 3:50 and on bike at 4:10.

Ate roughly my body weight in pancakes and feeling slightly more human. Homemade pizza for lunch and dosa for dinner - recovery food is flat and round in my world.

Should have made donuts yesterday in preparation…

17 Likes

My goodness! What a triple whammy that was. SUF idol had me a little worried as the legs felt much more tired than I expected for the first ride and that first high power sprint really caught me by surprise. Blender is always a roller coaster of a ride - the FTP sections are ok by me but the higher power sustained sections really tax me mentally and I have to dig deep to get through them. I had high hopes that Cash Register would be a nice gentle way to finish. How wrong I was. Climbing with sprints - what a way to finish!. Knackered, totally knackered but proud to have gone Nuclear for the first time. Coffeee, cake and lots of rest (and more cake) ahead.

Well done to all for getting through this. Loud applause for the Women of Sufferlandria - 12K raised. Amazing!

19 Likes

Not today, not today Blender and your nasty gang …

Stage 7 in the Books, 7/7 nuclear :100: %.

I‘m broken, I’m done … but you should see Blender and it’s fellows …
Can’t talk nor writing more, the pictures saying the rest … thank ya all :pray::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

17 Likes

ToS #8 in the books!!

Brutal Tour as always and well done to all the finishers so far.

Allez Allez!! to everyone still out on the course! Come on, you can do it!!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

SUF Legend - respect :wave:.

7 Likes

I rode the Tour in focussed mode but nevertheless the final stage was very tough. Made it b2b and had difficulties in getting my legs up to speed from the second half of cash register. The final sprint got me into the downward spiral but i got saved by the bell just before I was at full stop. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

375abd3b38a0d7debc15a3cbafc929a0

#ontherivets
#embracethesuck

7 Likes

She’s back, folks… :smirk:

3 Likes

You have naught but yourself to blame, @David.McQuillen.KoS.

:smirk:

4 Likes

And that’s a wrap!! Wow tough stage. I had a swim session at the crack of dawn in which our coach (happens to be my dad) gave us an endurance set of 2km. Just what the doctor ordered before the Tour’s last day.
Loved the personal messages and dedications during Blender. Sir Dan was local to where I live and ride. Stay safe all and huge well done for getting through the week. For those still suffering….you know you love it :blush: :muscle:
My husband presented me with a cupcake :cupcake:

20 Likes

I can so much relate to this!

3 Likes

It is done.

Day 7 report is as follows:

Suf Idol - Distracted myself with trying to workout why the the female singer in the first set pronounced a word that I assumed was “weren’t” in such a weird way. Couldn’t decide if English wasn’t her first language OR she WAS a native English speaker but she didn’t know how to pronounce the word OR she just couldn’t decide how to fit it into the song. Further investigation needed here.

The Blender - Was initially quite frankly annoyed by the high cadence targets and the repeated commands to “Stand” (As IF!) but by about 40mins in there was so much holy water in my eyes that I couldn’t see either anymore so that was a blessing

Cash Register - Can get in the bin

The photo is the state of the floor under the bike at the end although, to be fair, a lot of that is tears.

5/5 would recommend. Same time again next year?

14 Likes