ToS 2022: Stage 7: Sir Dan Corrick HONOUR Stage - OPEN!

Haha @NickyLeary I always question that strange pronunciation too!!

3 Likes

Woohoo
TOS done for another year.
I was on Focussed option
SUF idol was a little harder than I remember. The sprints are the harder part.
Blender is always tough. With the slight reductions, it was just a question of slogging through the longer efforts and the pain shakes.
After a brief break, did cash register.
Had a minor panic when the batteries in my earpieces ran out, and I somehow managed to disconnect the bike and
ANd hr strap.

All in all though I am exhausted, it really wasnā€™t taken to the absolute limit. Not that Nuclear was ever a,possobility.

12 Likes

Itā€™s like she starts off OK and the just gives up half way through :joy:. I kept thinking right until the end ā€œSheā€™ll get it this timeā€ but, nope

2 Likes

Blimey people, that was hard.

The messages from fellow Sufferlandrians were great, I really loved that.

And just when I thought, ā€œforget it, Iā€™m not standing, Iā€™m in survival modeā€, weā€™re being told to ā€œDo it for Dan!ā€. And up I goā€¦

Did crack after the first time trial and dialed it down. Canā€™t afford a DNF this late in the Tour.

13 Likes

Well that wasā€¦ interesting.
Another reminder of how much deeper than you think you can go. Wasted after blender, but still managed to complete all three in a row.

After five hours plus of recovery including watching Strade Bianchi my legs still hurt.
I wonā€™t be looking forward to the next ToS until at least next week.

Unfortunately I downloaded Blender too early to catch the messages.

9 Likes

Tour 6 in the books. Good grief, that was hard this year. Super tough - but knew that from the MAP profiles at the launch.

Well done everyone.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a wrap. No pictures, you donā€™t wanna see this!!!

13 Likes

Another great ToS in the bag. 7 days @ :radioactive: have left my legs in tatters and really had to call upon the mental training to focus on each effort individually. Felt so much like dialling it back but elated that I didnā€™t.
Meant a whole lot more this year as my sister was diagnosed with PD just before Xmas.
Few great moments of motivation today:

1. Ukrainian & Russian cyclists side by side @ min 18 in Blender
    2: Seeing the messages pop up
    3: Hearing Davis & seeing him raise his arms.
    #everyvictorycounts
    #ridetogether

14 Likes

Suf idol in level mode (because, trainer) - near 100% targets
Blender in erg mode, no dialling down but a couple of cracks
Cash register - going out in a blaze of whimpering.

I donā€™t want to see a saddle again soon (but will probably go riding outside tomorrow if the sun is shining). That was some epic SUF, achieved way more than I thought I could.

Time for a recovery beverage!

11 Likes

Congratulations! Seriously, you rock!

2 Likes

First time ever I did three back to back. Was wishing for a bucket during Suf idol, that was a really rough start first thing in the morning, ouch. I sure doubted could get through blender. Kept telling myself ā€œsmooth and controlledā€ as if it would then happenšŸ¤£ just one more segment, okay now one more segment. Mind tricks are amazingā€¦

But, I Had to pause in the last TT for bathroom run because apparently I overfuelled myselfā€¦ Compensated by starting cash register immediately after blender ended. No more legs,knees,nothing left.

That blender/cash register combo was a really beautiful, inspiring end to this yearā€™s tour. Thanks for all your efforts and I hope all have a wonderful recovery week, and alt tour week when that happens. Cheerio

32 Likes

I see The Shovel is next?

10 Likes

It is! Havenā€™t done it all week! Well spottedšŸ˜‚

4 Likes

It is done. Oh my God that was so tough. Came close to bailing on multiple occassions during Blender, had to pause and get off the bike to relieve my seizing lower back between the main sets. Then Cash Register had to pause and grab a few seconds recovery after a few of the big efforts, was literally taking everything my legs had left. Which wasnā€™t much.

I rode the Tour in focused mode, I just wasnā€™t in the right shape to take on nuclear. And Iā€™m thankful I didnā€™t try now! Kudos to the minions for dialing things in to the most perfect levels all week. It had me suffering all week but keeping it just within achievable levels. Couldnā€™t have been more spot on. Thank you :pray:

My cat makes a good heat pack for the quads :black_cat:

20 Likes

Arenā€™t cats great for that? Though one only wants to come near when Iā€™m superheated, which isnā€™t when I want a warm fur blanketā€¦

6 Likes

Stage 7 done and dusted. Suf Idol about did me in this morning, but I persevered and things got a bit better with Blender. Seeing all the wonderful messages helped. Cash Register was just getting hit by a brick multiple times. Too stubborn to quit at that point. Another ToS in the books! Now off for some two-wheeled fun outside of the motorized variety. Itā€™s warm enough to ride, but the legs are on strike!

21 Likes

Stage 7 complete. I think this is the most spent Iā€™ve ever felt. SUF Idol went well. Blender started well, but the repeated extended FTP sections took their toll. I had to pause a couple of times along the way, but gutted it up and finished. I took a short nutrition break before Cash Register. During the warmup section I could tell my legs were totally shot. I dialed FTP down to 90% and just ground my way to the finish. Not sure I showered myself in Sufferlandria glory today, but proud to finish.

I always struggle taking days off from training. I donā€™t think it will be an issue tomorrow.

13 Likes

Oof that was hard. Glad Iā€™m not the only one shocked by Suf Idol. Usually I love that workout, but I guess usually I donā€™t have most of a tour in my legs. Blender was every bit as tough as I feared but, as so often with the suf vids, I was taken right to the limit but not beyond. With cash register I was just glad I was able to open my eyes for Davis in the cool down.

Respect to anyone who did the tour on nuclear. Respect to anyone who had to dial down the levels from GMTI to really get through, and respect to everyone in between.

Thanks to the suf team for another great year

15 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. :fist:

It was a nightmare tour for me personally - as my parents are in Ukraine and they donā€™t want to leave. And I decided to make it nevertheless in-between work and the help we can provide to our land, otherwise could not stop reading news.

27 Likes

I should add for this year:

Š¦Šµ рŠ¾Š±Šøться.

(I hope Google Translate got it right).

3 Likes