Tour 2022

Speaking of ToS training plans: God bless you Recharger. You couldn’t have come on a better day.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

After an hour lifting and an hour with a digging iron breaking ice off the sidewalk (an inch thick in places) I skipped recharger. My grip was so burnt by the digging iron that I couldn’t imagine even leaning gently on the handle bars.

1 Like

You don’t have any ice melt?

2 Likes

Good question: no. I probably should, but I don’t much like pouring salts on the ground and this doesn’t happen often. It’s been years since this chore has taken me more than a few minutes and I can’t recall ever needing a digging iron to break up the ice.

1 Like

@AkaPete Try adding some roof raking during the next big snow storm - really works the upper body!

+1 on ice melt and also trying to clean as much off as possible right after the storm passes and before the freeze.

4 Likes

We are from the Northeast, and we use these things regularly in the winter. @AkaPete is in Arlington, VA. I am surprised he even had an ice chopper.

3 Likes

Yeah - good point.

1 Like

I have a digging iron which I purchased to dig fence post holes. It turns out to have an excellent off-label use as an ice chopper. Also, while I’ve lived in Virginia almost my entire adult life, I grew up in New England and know how snow works. While I we have our moments, we just don’t get enough of it often enough down here to justify investing in equipment and materials beyond a basic snow shovel. It usually melts in a few days anyhow.

4 Likes

Not long now until the tour of Sufferlandria! Route announcement on Feb 1, we will post more details soon on that. In the meantime, any guesses as to where the Route will pass through this year?

2 Likes

Here’s my guesses for the 10th Anniversary of the ToS. Not of the whole route or the order but I’m guessing all these will be included

Downward spiral (100% certain since this was the very first Sufferfest vid)
Local Hero
One day there will be: Cash register, + SUF Idol, + Half is Easy (or Revolver is Easy)
ISLAGIATT
Omnium
A new, yet to be released vid :crossed_fingers:t2:

8 Likes

There’s a nice bit of trivia for us (relative) newbs…and somehow I’ve never done it? :thinking:

Goes along with my only thought, that the minions would be waxing nostalgic for the 10th Anniversary. Though in searching by “vintage”, I also found The Hunted…WHICH I’VE ALSO NEVER DONE???

[EDIT 1] Neither of those look pleasant, btw…

[EDIT 2] How about debuting a 10TH Hammer? You know, because 10th? :smirk:

2 Likes

I’ll be surprised and a little disappointed if it’s not in there. Such a brilliant workout. Also, little known fact, it’s a favourite of the creator of the very exclusive Knights only FB group, the inimitable Dame Mariah P LeBlanc.

2 Likes

I thought it would be a good idea to add Local Hero to my quest. Not realizing how loooong that extra 24 minutes would feel at vid #5 after completing HHNF. It honestly seemed like a good idea at the time, lol!!

I think it was because of the remastering of Downward Spiral (a couple of times) that a movement began to never mess with The Hunted. Spawned a hashtag and everything #dontmesswiththehunted

The Hunted and The Wretched are two vids I physically dread coming up in any plan.

2 Likes

Yeah the continual “escalate with no recovery” thing for an hour is quite…challenging.

1 Like

@CPT_A The Hunted might be my favorite workout. Definitely check it out. I have many badass power records from that one.

2 Likes

I have not done Local Hero, but I did The Hunted for the first time about two weeks ago. Looking at my notes, I rated it just below all out (9/10), but I felt fine afterwards (i.e. not broken).

2 Likes

Like that’s a GOOD sign? Usually when I’m setting power records, bad things are happening.

:wink:

2 Likes

I just looked up The Hunted in Systm on my phone. The TSS it gives actually keeps changing before my eyes.

S’up with that?!?

Clearly 84 is correct (“correct” but let’s not go there).

Edit…hang on, NOW I have:

???

1 Like

There are two similar topics with similar names happening in parallel so, closing this one down. To continue head over here!

2 Likes