Training plan 3:1 or 2:1 on the new easier Systm

Reminds me of that same python sketch…

2 Likes

I can only image that Full Monty would require more buckets than Full Frontal or Half Monty.

1 Like

I made the same mistake—calling Full Frontal the Full Monty—a few weeks ago talking with my (adult and avid cyclist) son. He kindly corrected me.

1 Like

No mistake here. If you have a Half Monty, then it must be a Full Monty and there is nothing in halves about the Full Frontal. Good film the Full Monty by the way, but don’t think you would have got it in the US.

1 Like

In a perfectly rational world maybe. But yet most of us clip in clipless pedals:)

3 Likes

Maybe they should be named strapless pedals instead? Most of the younger riders won’t know what toe clips and straps are anyway, so perhaps a new name is needed, like the old fashioned floppy disk icon to save.

2 Likes

We did. I remember it.

3 Likes

Or saying it is a quarter to or before the hour, or half past (or half before if you are German) the hour. The expression the clock strikes the hour is probably just a faint alarm clock memory.

2 Likes

Quick update. 5 weeks of training with a break/recover/taper week including a Pfizer booster before the Rapha 500, mainly done in the bad weather with some Systm/Sffrfst (wore out a set of disc pads).

Did a 4DP yesterday as I am starting out on a fresh programme (the plan had been do part of a 12 Week Road to get fit for Festive500 - then do a full 12 week plan in the new year).

In 7 weeks of training FTP and MAP both up 12% with FTP of 270 from 241. AC and NM only up 5/6%, but no surprise as the Festive500 was tempo riding.

Didn’t quite expect 12%, that was a surprise. So, for me at the moment the 2:1 works well. Lets see what gainz the next 12 week block can bring. Bring it on. A case of less is more!

Don’t know how much the data is skewed by the Festive500, but nevertheless, in all likeliness, it appears the 2:1 AND the new power targets may seem to be working.

7 Likes

Glad to hear you are enjoying success! Keep at it @FatSprinter :wink:

2 Likes