I need some sort of event to train for, and since all my local races are cancelled for the foreseeable future, I’ll just have to make my own.
What vids should be included? I’m thinking about picking one video representing each rider type. How would you design your own mini-tour?
Kitchen Sink has got almost everything covered…
Kitchen Sink and ISLTA for the mash-up all-in-ones or for more variety, you could consider these:
- Thin Air and/or Power Station (Climbing / low cadence stuff)
- The Rookie or The Best Thing in the World (Racing)
- The Shovel (NM and AC stuff)
- Long Scream (TT’ing)
- Nine Hammers (MAP)
Hmm, sure you want to ask?
I‘ll leave the recommendations to the more advanced riders in the forum. @jfc s choices seem like a solid start.
Do I smell an unofficial forum challenge boiling up? I would be down for that.
Good point, consider yourself exempt!
Love it! Also fits nicely within a week.
Probably add Igniter before Long Scream (my 2nd favorite vid), or swap it for Team Scream.
Don’t ask. But since you did, here is an idea: You should make up for the all the lost races this year and cover all bases:
- The best thing in the world (Gent Wevelgem)
- Butter (Rubaix)
- The rookie (tour de Suisse and tour of Utah)
- Fight Club (UCI Worlds Road) (or vice grips)
- Revolver (cyclocross)
- Islagiatt (giro)
- And finish with the Blender (sufferlandrian National championship (the easy version))
All in seven days.
Cool. I was going to suggest you start with the route of the first Knights’ Tour. That was a classic. But now I’m exempt I won’t suggest that