Violator

I’ve been dreading this day since in saw it on the calendar. Tomorrow actually, today is Open:30 prep. Tomorrow endless sprints. I’m on the Mountain bike marathon prep plan. I do a lot of 45-90 rides in the plan and the occasional “hard” video. I’ll trust the plan.

4 Likes

Someone call Gerry!

3 Likes

Violator is (one of) the best. Don’t worry about the targets smargets for this one… Bang = sprint; Screech = recover. Simple as that. Times 64. :mountain_biking_man: :hamster: :grinning:

8 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

They’re not endless. There are 64. Which, thinking of it now, does seem endless when you’re at the start. And the middle. And in the high 50s. Around 61 or 62 it does feel like the end is in sight. So you’ve got that to look forward to.

9 Likes

I dreaded Violator and then really enjoyed doing it (correction: really enjoyed the memory of having done it). I did it in level mode and went completely all out on every interval ignoring targets if they were lower. Insane. When the intervals got really close together at the end, I didn’t know what was going on and couldn’t even keep track of which interval I was on. Then I lay down in the floor.

Enjoy it and CRUSH IT.

7 Likes

6 Likes

It’s been a while but I have done Violator before and your summation of the last set is Spot On. I didn’t know where I was other than I didn’t like it. Until it was done then I did. But as it’s on tap for tonight I’m in the I don’t like it mode. But I’ll do it because I do What I’m Told.

3 Likes

I LOVE Violator… I’m not ashamed, love it so much I finished my Knighthood with it.

Easiest way I found to do it is to do level mode, then jump between big and small ring for the sprints with decent lengths between them, and just pedal slow in the short gaps. If you’ve got the mental capacity left for more than that one gear lever, you’re doing it wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

+1. Why should you be? I’ll take this:

over FTP progressions all day long.

#sprintersunite
#ontherivets
#embracethesuck

3 Likes

Wow that was horrendous, don’t usually do sprints and couldn’t get close to finishing!

Question though, after every single sprint the video kept jumping and then pausing itself on the recovery and I had to press play again. Is this a known issue or any idea of a cause?

2 Likes

I suspect you have auto pause on (you can toggle it off in settings after starting a workout). When I do Violator or Cadence Builds, after the effort is done, the trainer kinda spins out and I have to wait for the resistance to kick back in. That reads as 0 watts which = pause. Check your settings next time you start a vid.

4 Likes