Voice announcements Wahoo Fitness App

Woot woot!

1 Like

Just wanted to provide everyone an update that this feature is getting ready to go to beta testing soon, so expect to see it in the real world in a couple of weeks barring anything unforeseen.

7 Likes

@pbush , So nice to have a heads up! Thanks for sharing progress!

3 Likes

Actually just bought the band for the audio announce leaving the targeted hr. Is that for real not working anymore? Whens an iphone fix coming???

2 weeks ago it was stated ā€œexpect to see it in the real world in a couple of weeks barring anything unforeseenā€ so probably a week or more.

3 Likes

So can we expect the voice guide agian within the next 25days? Would have to return the band otherwise and switch to polar or similar.

Thx

We donā€™t know. There has been no explicit timeframe given, and rarely is. All that has been said is what has been said in this thread.

1 Like

Just wanted to let everyone know that version 6.15.0 was released to the stores today with audio announcements enabled!

5 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent! Now I can stop using the Strava app completely! Woot woot!!

2 Likes

Great! There used to be a trigger for alerts that was related to heart rate, will that come back as well?

3 Likes

Will there be a trigger for changing the pulse zone? This is the most popular use case.

2 Likes

Gotta Say as someone who complainedā€¦ Great to see this back and with more flexible functionality that previousā€¦ Kudos. Good job. I ran a 14km interval run tonight and the voice alerts were greatā€¦ Set up how I wanted and help me nail down my HR effort and speed to plan. Cheers Wahoo!!!

5 Likes

This is an amazing update, a big improvement over the previous design and the flexibility is awesome. I donā€™t use a watch and depend on the audio announcements for the status of the workout. With this feature I have a report of HR and step cadence every 15 seconds, speed/pace every 60 and a more complete report every 10min.

A feature request: When multiple announcements are schedule for the same time, they may report redundant info. In this case Iā€™d like the system to select the one with the longest interval and suppress the others. That way I can have my HR and Step rate reported ever 15 seconds, 1min report on speed and 10min that summarizes with each longer duration adding more info based on how Iā€™ve customized it.

6 Likes