Voice announcements Wahoo Fitness App

Woot woot!

1 Like

Just wanted to provide everyone an update that this feature is getting ready to go to beta testing soon, so expect to see it in the real world in a couple of weeks barring anything unforeseen.

7 Likes

@pbush , So nice to have a heads up! Thanks for sharing progress!

3 Likes

Actually just bought the band for the audio announce leaving the targeted hr. Is that for real not working anymore? Whens an iphone fix coming???

2 weeks ago it was stated ā€œexpect to see it in the real world in a couple of weeks barring anything unforeseenā€ so probably a week or more.

3 Likes

So can we expect the voice guide agian within the next 25days? Would have to return the band otherwise and switch to polar or similar.

Thx

We donā€™t know. There has been no explicit timeframe given, and rarely is. All that has been said is what has been said in this thread.

1 Like

Just wanted to let everyone know that version 6.15.0 was released to the stores today with audio announcements enabled!

5 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent! Now I can stop using the Strava app completely! Woot woot!!

2 Likes

Great! There used to be a trigger for alerts that was related to heart rate, will that come back as well?

3 Likes

Will there be a trigger for changing the pulse zone? This is the most popular use case.

3 Likes

Gotta Say as someone who complainedā€¦ Great to see this back and with more flexible functionality that previousā€¦ Kudos. Good job. I ran a 14km interval run tonight and the voice alerts were greatā€¦ Set up how I wanted and help me nail down my HR effort and speed to plan. Cheers Wahoo!!!

5 Likes

This is an amazing update, a big improvement over the previous design and the flexibility is awesome. I donā€™t use a watch and depend on the audio announcements for the status of the workout. With this feature I have a report of HR and step cadence every 15 seconds, speed/pace every 60 and a more complete report every 10min.

A feature request: When multiple announcements are schedule for the same time, they may report redundant info. In this case Iā€™d like the system to select the one with the longest interval and suppress the others. That way I can have my HR and Step rate reported ever 15 seconds, 1min report on speed and 10min that summarizes with each longer duration adding more info based on how Iā€™ve customized it.

6 Likes

Audio alerts are great, but I have a really annoying issue with it on Android:

If I have multiple selections in an alert (say pace, heart rate and total time) and have music playing, it stops the music for the first alert fine but then the music starts again while the rest of the alerts continue so I canā€™t hear them.

Iā€™ve tried various music players/YouTube etc and apps that have settings for audio focus but nothing works.

Iā€™m on iOS and have not had that. I have had it set up with many alerts and the result is the music turns down until ALL the alerts are done, then turns back up.

I have 2 suggestions for you. First, contact support with your issue (even if they canā€™t help you, itā€™s good for them to be able to log it). Second, you could try uninstalling the app, then reinstalling it. That often fixes things.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s cool @pbush