Wahoo KICKR CLIMB issue on Recharger?

Hi there,

I just finished Recharger after updating my KICKR '18 to the most recent firmware, and the power pyramid section of Recharger seemed totally off in terms of gradient (CLIMB was in unlocked/controlled by Sufferfest mode). While the screen was showing 1-3%, the CLIMB was at first 10% and then 20% gradient.

I’m wondering if the latest KICKR update might have messed something up? I’m happy to reach out to the Minions to figure out what’s going on, but wondered if anybody else had experienced anything similar?

Thanks!

Following.

1 Like

I had this incident on another video, maybe GOAT, a long time ago.
It was a one-off… Ran the video again and the Climb behaved normally.

I can’t rule this out, but I did Recharger last week, my Kickr (Core) and Climb are both up-to-date (obviously not the same Firmware for my Core as your '18) and everything behaved normally.

1 Like

So you’re saying suffer more? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rearviewmirror I’m gonna update my firmware tonight and will try Recharger tomorrow to test. Quick question, after you did the firmware update, did you also power cycle the Kickr '18? I think that step is generally recommended. In any case, stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm. I did not power cycle it (I thought the KICKR might have turned itself off and on again if not sure). Entirely possible this was user error. I was mainly excited about trying my new dual sided power pedals :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling that there is something up with the last firmware update and I have now rolled it back to the previous version. I had the same issue you described over on Zwift. Unfortunately didn’t get around to trying it our on SUF but Climb was also intermittently disconnecting. After roll back everything working as expected.

2 Likes

So @Rearviewmirror, I did Recharger today after the Kickr 18 firmware update, power cycling the unit and doing a spin down calibration. No issues with the gradient communication so 1=1 2=2 and 3=3. Checked simultaneously with the wahoo fitness app.

I’ll keep a look out for oddities but all went well for me.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks Sir Glen! Guessing it must have been an aberration for me! I’ll report back if it resumes.

1 Like

Sorry I took so long Sir Peter. I’ll def keep a watch on the issue. I have had some gradient anomalies before but they’re usually one-offs.