Wahoo Kickr Thru Axle issue

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but any help is welcome. My set-up, wahoo Kickr core, purchased 1 week ago. Pinarello Paris with SRAM Rival AXS 12 speed, cassette 10-30t
Given my bike is SRAM AXS, I have swapped the Shimano freehub on the kickr core with the SRAM XDR freehub. I also have a SRAM 12 speed cassette, 10-28t.

My bike is a thru axle and I put on the 142 piece. Here’s the issue, when i try to put my bike on the trainer, it doesn’t ‘lock in’ and am unable to put the thru axle through all rings. By locking in, I refer to the thru axle adapters fitting on the bike. As you can see on the pics, the ‘bigger piece’ with 142-148 on it perfectly fits into the frame on the side where my disc brake is, which is how it should fit on the trainer. It also fits perfectly on the side of the cassette. However, the other piece, the smaller one, seems too wide to fit into the ‘opening’ as you can see on the pic, I try to push it into the place where it should fit but the ring seems to be too wide. Any idea how this can be fixed? I believe Pinarello is compatible with the wahoo Kickr core, is there a spare item I require to make this work somehow?

I have somewhat of a slightly different issue with a KICKR Core V3 which I bought used recently. The guy who sold the KICKR to me had the trainer set up with a Quick-Release, so I bought the Thru-Axle adapter kit for my Polygon Helios A8 (2023) since I will be using this bike with the KICKR.

The issue I encountered yesterday upon getting Thru-Axle installed is that, I can’t lock my bike too tightly with the Thru-Axle which came with the bike because if I do, I won’t be able to pedal and if I do pedal, the cassette’s lock ring will scrape off the paint on my bike where it interfaces

Is there any fix for this?

1 Like

you should contact support as soon as possible, Sir. https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Sure thanks Sir! Will do

Sounds like the same issue I had. You’ll need a new spacer for the right side. If it exists, support should be able to get it fixed, straight away.

1 Like

Sure thanks Sir James! Will get in touch with support and see how they can help. But being like a second and possibly the 3rd owner of the product and I suppose it’s also out of warranty, I hope there will still be support though.

I did get the adapter kit: KICKR THRU AXLE KIT | Wahoo Fitness EU except mine only came with the 142 adapter for the non-drive side.

It actually the “nut” that holds the freehub on. There were two in my KICKR CORE. The wrong one was fitted and I switched.

Alright then. Thanks for the info Sir.
I am still waiting for Support’s advise on what to do next after opening a ticket last night at about 10:20pm Malaysian time, which I suppose should be about 10:20am American time.

Temporarily, I kind of botched a fix by using a trainer thru-axle which I bought last time with my bike. It kind of helps a little but I doubt that’s going to be a long term solution.

1 Like