I really really like the new On Location rides, some of the calendar functionality is quite good (downloading from the calendar)
But, the new platform was supposed to bring rapid updates, and it doesn’t feel like that has happened yet. It would be great to get a fix for SYSTM blocking audio from other apps or other ‘quick’ fixes
This isn’t meant to sound like a whinge, but hopefully constructive feedback against what was promised
This afternoon my phone shutdown because it had low battery (15%) while running a cycling workout. That’s my bad but it made me think:
- It would be nice for the workout to pause / pop up a warning if battery life is going down rapidly.
- The workout was saved/recovered (excellent) however I had to relaunch the session fresh. It would be nice to resume where I left off if connection is lost or app crashes. Not a major issue but it stops having 2 half sessions in the calendar.
@gpsjared Is this also a place to report bugs? If not, can you point me in the right direction?
Can you bring back the indoor+outdoor ride option to the All Purpose Cycling plan?
You can also report bugs by clicking … and then click on the Bug Report button. That will take you to the bug report system (you have to be on-line). It will filll in the version and OS information in the background.
Maybe these have been mentioned before:
- pre-run, pre-ride 5 min stretch videos
- workout of the day on the homescreen. I’ve used sufferfest long enough to be able to choose a workout quickly but I can imagine that for brand new users the choice could be overwhelming.
- similarly, an “I’m feeling lucky” button to choose a workout at random, maybe with a couple options for time and intensity.
- (bigger) allow user generated content either in the theme of On Location where people can upload their own ride videos and create a workout profile, or like the pro-rides, use the magic to turn a real power profile into a workout.
- more On Location rides like Les Baronnies, where the intensity matches the terrain (as opposed to a structured workout) - I found this to be the best alternative to zwift as it felt like just riding around with a mate. Loved it.
- some form of community-based commitment device or challenge system,
- similar to above, a tss or 4dp based training plan where you simply need to achieve the prescribed cumulative effort over the week, to allow flexibility for life schedules.
some additional requests:
- in the strenght work outs, make it possible to skip back and forward between the exercises
- make it possible to run 2 or more back to back workouts automatically one after the other. Think about Igniter + regular workout or any other possible combination
Would just make the great experience so far, even better.
Overall, I am enjoying the new app - I particularly like the addition of the rides with Mike Cotty and the “week with…” Rides.
I am using this on an iPad mini and I have had a few technical issues:
- the sides of the picture are cut off and the display at the bottom seems a bit scrunched up so the “/10” of the effort level is always over the top of the timer showing how much longer is left on the specific interval. I don’t need to see the “/10” but I really need to see the timer - sometimes the only way I can keep going is knowing I only have to suffer for another 10 seconds
- if I try to listen to music while doing a routine with no sound (e.g. Cadence builds) then the video hangs up and resets itself which stops the music - very annoying
- on quite a few routines the video just stops part way through and doesn’t restart. Today I was doing “The Chores” and it stopped in the middle and the whole app froze. I had to close it down, log in again and restart. Also annoying
- I thought the above type of problems might be network related so have tried downloading routines and they either won’t download or take a very long time to download and then don’t work at all when I try to use them
Would be great if you could fix these issues!
One improvement request - I would like to be able to specify how many days per week I want to have planned activities on when setting up a plan, and also which days of the week. It would also be good when you start a plan if it could start on the day specified rather than 2 days later. Thanks!
The video scaling issue on iPads has been flagged by a few users already. As a temporary fix you should be able to toggle off any unnecessary metrics in the display settings. Switching off speed, RPE and setting the font size to small should sort this.
Edit Just updated the app to version 7.8.1 and this looks to have fixed the video scaling issue if you set the video crop to 16:9.
Thanks for the opportunity to comment. Two suggestions/comments:
Is it possible to ensure the data bar (speed/HR/Power/Cadence/RPE), at the bottom of the screen, never overlap the time remaining info in the bottom right hand corner (often, the RPE does);
App included in Apple TV, same as Zwift.
I’d love two enhancements:
- A link from the event in your calendar to play the video again
- When creating a plan, have the ability to specifiy what days you can train.
keep up the good work.
Thank you for your help Dafydd
- The date format is incorrect for me.
- I prefer Sunday to be my first day of the week, rather than Monday
The ability for me to change these two simple things would be great please.
Agreed @CPT_A i also miss ability to compare same session ridden on different dates
Aside from typical adjustment period, I’m enjoying the new app. One puzzle is where to find downloaded videos so that i can delete them to save disk space. On SUF this was easy to find. I don’t see an option anywhere nor a list of downloaded videos. Would also prevent me having to download the same ride again -if it’s already downloaded I can just start it up.