Wahoo X September Challenge - Velo Vacation

Get ready for an endless summer with the September Wahoo X Challenge!

We’re taking you on a Velo Vacation, cruising through scenic routes from Australia to the Mediterranean Coast with our awesome Wahooligan tour guides.

Picture this: four fresh destinations matched up with four epic On Location workouts.

You have all month to complete:

1. Tasmania: Richmond
  2. Catalunya: Costa Brava
  3. Galicia: Corcubon to Finestre
  4. Med. Coast: Route des Cretes

You can also load the training plan:
https://wahoosystm.com/CyclingWahooEventsWahooXSeptemberChallenge

For More Information about the challenge

1. Visit our webpage
  2. Challenge FAQ Page

Please note, you can now complete structured workouts in RGT however to earn your badge you must complete the SYSTM version.

15 Likes

Looking forward to a vacation!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Mid CX-season, but will certainly do the vacay somewhere in the middle.

:+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Blessed be Gunter!

3 Likes

So I have done rides 1 and 2. Where exactly is the Vacation?

7 Likes

No better vacation than a hard ride in an exotic location!

3 Likes

Yeah, @Critmark, what were you HOPING to do for your vacation? Sit around on the…ahem…COUCH?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Could you please provide a list of the challenges (or a link to a list) when clicking on the September Challenge from within the SYSTM app? I don’t want to go straight to planning the challenge in my calendar before seeing what the rides are.
I’m sure it used to be this way - see the rides, then plan them - but at least as of August, it goes straight to planning without seeing them.

Yeah - I’d prefer that too as the only link is in the post at the top (where its says visit our webpage)

But that doesn’t help direct from the app I guess :frowning:

If you go to the main “cycling” list, @Rupert.H always throws a # on the current month challenge rides, so they show up 1-4 on the list by default.

3 Likes

1 Like

I agree, and when I actually visit those places, I will consider it a vacation. But truth be told, they were no different than the ride I did the day before, or the one before that or, or, or. I guess the name elicited some thing different to me.

Back when I was doing triathlons, my wife would let me do any event I wanted, as long as we went directly from there to her vacation choice for a week. So yes, those were definitively down time vacations, but not on a couch.

I did a tri in Hurricane, UT (think St George) and then we spent a week at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, UT. Awesome place.

4 Likes

Nice! I know Hurricane and St George well, though not the sanctuary. Striking area, SW Utah.

2 Likes

He did NATIONALS in St. George?

Cotty is sitting for most of the workouts, ergo it is a vacation…

5 Likes

All the rides are a vacation for him. Did you ever notice that he never sweats??? What’s up with that?

7 Likes

I just finished up the fourth ride (Med Coast: Route des Cretes) so this challenge is done. Still sticking with my question about where’s the vacation. The first climb was 12%, the second 10% and the third started at just 8% but did go up to 11%. Not a vacation for me. :anguished:

6 Likes

Can I assume completing monthly challenge rides outside does not count toward earning the badge?

I think that’s a fair assumption. I’m pretty sure you need to do the workout in SYSTM to have it count towards the badge. Doing the workout outdoors, or in RGT, does not count.

2 Likes

Finished up my last of the 4 videos yesterday and got my badge.

I was going to do Sand Hollow tri in May of 2020, but it got cancelled like so many others in 2020. That’s out by Hurricane.

3 Likes