Warning in case of fall

Good morning,
I would like to know if the Wahoo Elemnt ROAM or BOLT GPS has a warning function (sends an SMS message to a cell phone, for example) in the event of a fall?
Thank you very much
Manuel

That feature does not currently exist on Wahoo bike computers.

1 Like

ok, tks my friend.
Do you know of any GPS with this function?

The only one I’m aware of is Garmin with their incident detection, though how well it works I don’t know.

2 Likes

Ok, the model 1040, the latest?

Yes, that supports it. If you want the complete list it would be on Garmin’s site.

1 Like

ok, tks fiend

The Garmin one works great when it works. When I crashed and broke my collar bone it called my wife. When I got hit by a car and the Garmin broke out of the mount and “free bobbled” on the attached leash, it did not call my wife.

2 Likes

My 820 calls home when I come to a stop at traffic lights etc. PITA.

Always turn it off but it turns on again by default when powering up the unit again.

1 Like

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews with incident detection on Garmin (However, I have never used it myself). I personally use specialized ANGI which works really well. The only false alarms I have had are when it gets low on battery. Wahoo also has interconnectivity with ANGI. You have to have the ANGI app open on your phone but it works through the bike computer. Might be worth checking it out if your interested in a different option.

Not sure if it’s that different on your EDGE 820, but my EDGE 830 and now my EDGE 840 both have the option to turn it off COMPLETELY, which I’ve done because this is a useless function, in my opinion. It goes off FAR TOO EASILY, does NOT TURN OFF properly more times than not, when you try to stop that accidentally tripped notification from going out, and it does NOT go off when it logically should. I hate the system and have totally turned it off on ALL devices for ALL activity profiles. If I’m hurt, I’m hurt. I have TRACKING enabled for my wife to follow/access anytime, both through my Garmin EDGE and FENIX devices Activity Tracking, as well as Google Maps Location, and that’s plenty sufficient for me.

2 Likes

Hello friend, can you give more information, where can I purchase this equipment?
Thanks

tks my friend

You can buy it directly from Specialized here:

Or from other companies, like Jenson USA:

2 Likes

My dad had an Apple Watch that my mom bought him specifically for the fall sensing (he had ALS and PSP). When my nephew tested it out by repeatedly falling on the ground on purpose it worked great. But when my dad wore it and fell for real it rarely worked. Turns out that if you try to stop yourself from falling it doesn’t work properly. So that means if you have a device with a fall sensor and you start falling you need to fully commit to the fall instead of trying to save yourself. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I got caught up in a crash at my race last weekend and went down. It hurt, still does, but I’ll heal. I’m not sure whether I truly committed to the crash but somehow I don’t think this is a “skill” I want to develop. :face_with_head_bandage::wink:

3 Likes

Hello Anderson, thank you so much

After a few times all doubt will be removed that you don’t want the crashing skill.
Hope you heal faster than I do.

3 Likes