What has happened with Sufferfest gear?

Using a 2021 (V5) KickR … but no idea about “intensity dial adjustment” about which you speak …. I just select ERG mode and resistance is measured out based upon my FTP … as set from my 4DP(?)

3 Likes

@SupaSarge What do you use with SUF. iPad? Mac or Windows. In windows and Mac the keyboard shortcut to intensity “dial” is the up down arrow keys. On iPhone or iPad it’s the gear icon and settings tab. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

When you start a video, you can click/tap on the gear in the upper right of the screen and it shows all your devices. On the SETTINGS tab you can change a bunch of toggle switches. At the top of this tab is your Intensity. You can make it go up or down. This way you don’t have to fiddle with your overall 4DP numbers. You can just change it at the beginning of each video depending on how hard you want to ride that video, while your background numbers stay the same. And you can also change it mid-ride by either going back to this menu, or by using the keyboard shortcuts like @Glen.Coutts mentioned.

5 Likes

I usually do this in the 5th or 6th interval of 9H by repeatedly slamming the minus sign as hard and fast as I can until I can feel my legs again. :grin:

1 Like

Sir Glen, Sir Evan … I am indebted. I get it now but since I haven’t tinkered with those dials so far I will leave alone.

My 4DP is 225 and my badass is:

I’ll give it a go @100% and hope I make it to the other side. Your advices are much appreciated.

3 Likes

@SupaSarge 10 videos at 100% will be extremely difficult and could derail your quest. As @Glen.Coutts mentioned it is an endurance ride so you want to be at 70 to 80%. Have you done the KOS prep plan? There is a day with five videos with about 6 hours saddle time that really helps to understand how well prepared you are for going for the 10. I would recommend the KOS plan and include the MTP training if you have the time. Good luck!

5 Likes

You are setting yourself up for failure if you attempt 10 vids in a row at 100%. The SUF vids were designed mostly as high intensity interval training sessions that target specific areas of your individual rider profile, so, some focus on MAP efforts, some focus on FTP, some focus on AC etc. They were never designed to be ridden back to back to back at 100% and, if your numbers are accurate, you will most likely fail. Now, in saying that, you can definitely keep the suffering at 100% even if you dial down the intensity of the ride itself to 70-80%.

Of course, no one can make you do this so if you are dead set at keeping the intensity set at 100 to see how far you can go then go for it! I wish you success at whatever approach you end up taking. May Grunter have mercy on your soul!’

evil laugh

6 Likes

Dear Sirs, I’m hugely grateful for your advice and will take it onboard for tomorrow’s Quest (thanks to all). Saddle bags are pack, sword’s been sharpened :wink:

6 Likes

What app are your Badass Power Records from? I remember SYSTM used to have these but I thought they’d disappeared?

2 Likes

You’ve time travelled to 2021. :hugs:

You can blame Sir @jmckenzieKOS he commented on an old post then it popped up as an active thread. The Company could do with a bit of forum management. I.e…Clean up on aisle 12

6 Likes

That was not my intention either…Comment deleted.

1 Like

lol. It’s all good, Sir. What’s life if a couple old folks like us can’t poke fun at each other now and again :wink: :joy:

2 Likes

My point was that the vacation message disappeared but you can’t create a new account. I hope Cuore has not joined the growing list of bicycling companies that have gone under administration.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’m following, Sir. “Vacation” message? I can login to my account on the Cuore site AND I can create a new account. The SUF store though, continues to show as closed

3 Likes

Ok. Then I must be going to the wrong site then as I got a login page and then I couldn’t create a new account as Registration is not available.

3 Likes

possibly. Try this: https://teamshop.cuore.ch/welcome-to-sufferlandria

2 Likes

That actually works, but it appears the store is still closed for “Winter Break”. Has anyone contacted Cuore to find out what’s up?

1 Like

It’s a custom shop. Pretty much anyone can make one and whoever made the SUF one, would have worked with them on the shop. The same message of “closed” is on Wahoo’s shop too. CUORE | Wahoo

Essentially the same as I did with Jakroo when I made the custom Wahoominati kit. I was the shop “owner” and only I could open it up again.

My guess is whoever did this for wahoo, either isn’t there anymore, or wahoo has other plans (or plans not to reopen). It would just have been nice to hear something from The Company despite being tagged, a number of times, it’s crickets.

Edit: I just submitted a formal support request to wahoo about the Cuore team shops

6 Likes

Of course it’s the company who is in control. All their moves lately were in the direction to lower the importance of the sufferfest / to level it with the other content. Instead they pushed a new brand term forward. You know which one I‘m referring to. When criticism came up they reacted with changing avatar. In this logic it would be straight forward to open a wahoo…n shop.
The problem is, that the term has a flaw. And they‘ve got the point, imho. The result of the poll here was very clear. If they would do customer surveys about it, I‘m sure they would find confirmation.

2 Likes

word on the street:

Also, “soon”, :rofl: we all know about minions and their legendary ability to count or manage time eg. Revolver, HIE, DS etc etc etc.

4 Likes