You say the nicest things - POLL!

Started dabbling in advanced yoga sessions - both harder and longer. As I peeled myself off the floor this afternoon, I got to listing my favorite things @abicarver has ever said to me…

• a) “Now you can move back into your day.”
  • b) “release your arms and legs and lie back in final resting pose.”
  • c) “sweep both feet to the right.”
  • d) “blah blah blah PRETZEL blah blah.”
  • e) other

0 voters

:wink:

5 Likes

Because nothing else matters

15 Likes

“Lie back in final resting pose”

9 Likes

Aww, I forgot that one! And “you have nowhere else to be.”

:smirk:

8 Likes

'You are one with the universe."

1 Like

Ha! Pretty sure this one isn’t in there.

:joy:

I think that this would be a better poll if it was called “What Abi would really say to you if she was there right now watching you do this.” I know for certain she’d say 'You know what, Dave, let’s forget about reaching for those toes and focus on, oh, knees. Knees are good. Let’s go for reaching for your knees."

18 Likes

Surely it must be “relax into the pose” :flushed::joy:

5 Likes

Haha.

“Yoga is supposed to be relaxing, but somehow, watching you attempt it is making me angry!” :wink: :joy:

5 Likes

Also good!

“Umm…you can’t transition into final resting pose from downward dog. We’re not there yet.”

2 Likes

I lose my focus at that point and start singing the song in my head :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“So close, no matter how far” is probably appropriate for many of us when it comes to trying to replicate @abicarver in yoga…

5 Likes

All of these Metallica references are restoring my faith in humanity!

3 Likes

IKR?

1 Like

This is my favourite!

1 Like

I wonder if it is better if I don’t see :wink:

6 Likes

Once seen, cannot be unseen!! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

LIES! It’s like “breathe into the pose”!!

You know for a fact that when Grunter von Abi says either of these things, it gonna hurt, and it’s gonna keep on hurting and it doesn’t matter if she says relax, breathe or scream into the pose, it’s still gonna suck Yak baIIs!!

My favourite is when her true self is revealed and she says just hold the pose for a few more excruciating breaths. If you listen really carefully, you can almost hear her evil laugh in the background!

6 Likes

Actually everything Abi says is relaxing! For me it’s within the first sentences that I realise that I am calmer and breathe more deeply…
But my favourite is certainly: …nowhere else to be…

2 Likes