100mile training

Just finished my 14 day trial and decided to do a training plan for a 100 mile ride.Just done 20 months of zwifting and tbh,this seems soooo much better.Looking forward to some grueling sessions.

4 Likes

@Robert_Morrice Welcome to the community! I definitely have improved my performance here, and recently completed my 100 mile bucket list ride (actually went for 152 miles). I find the structured training programs gave me a huge benefit over my previous strategy of just riding frequently and as hard as I could muster on each ride. The one thing that surprised me was the MTP option of the programs. I thought mental toughness program (MTP) was not necessary, and didn’t take it for about one year. After taking the class, I found I was able to push myself a bit harder in some of the short sprints … which helped my overall FTP and fitness. I think the key is to be open and explore to find out what works best for you. As for grueling sessions, you will find plenty of those here. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!

Was just wondering if the 100 mile route was a flat route or hilly. In regard to mental assistance :thinking:i find indoors is super difficult incomparison to outdoors,but with a decent movie/boxset its doable.

I think I misunderstood your original question.

There isn’t a mile based route in SYSTM. The sessions here are time based with a power intensity profile. Virtual miles are calculated based on power output during the ride. Thus, you can choose several of the endurance rides (such as Endurance 5) which would give a very flat power profile.

My comments were related to the progress I saw after joining. I was no where ready to ride 100 miles in a day … and the training programs I followed here resulted in strong, steady gains over the past 18 months.

There is a road plan for a 100miler and there are gravel plans for 100miles and 200miles. They are geared to get you fit to ride these distances as race events.

Thanks and i currently doing a 10 week plan.Not the same as zwift,as I’d just do Mega Pretzel of PRL Full.

1 Like