10th Annual Tour of Couchlandria 2022 prep: ADVANCED COUCHLANDRIAN TENDENCIES ACCELERATOR PLAN

In preparation for 7 glorious days of absolutely nothing Feb 27 - March 5, tomorrow I start the 3 week journey that will set the true Couchlandrians apart from the wannabees.

I have this plan in Training Peaks and I’ve got it set up to email me the following day’s workout cuz, in all likelihood I’ll be sleeping (or eating, or otherwise honing my comfort with ease, quiet and sloth.

Bring on the chocolate dipped, the sour cream, the glazed, the double chocolate, the jelly, the walnut crunch, and the plain. There’s never been a donut, I couldn’t manage (except maybe the honey cruller, those are just gross):

DA516163-3D67-4485-9843-9F95C248BF83

11 Likes

But nothing beats a maple fudge BACON donut. At least you are getting some protein. And, before anyone says anything, that was after a team bike ride of 100km. Better than a ‘coffee’ at STB.

4 Likes

I’d try almost anything once, including that :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

Would Couchlandria set their “tour” for the same week as ours? Seems really passive-aggressive. On second thought, think I answered my own question.

@Glen.Coutts I plan to revive my “Beers of the Tour of Sufferlandria” thread this year, so hand-in-hand w the donuts, I’d imagine?

:grimacing:

7 Likes

Beer and donuts eh? Hmmm, oh what the heck, I’m down. Sign me up.

3 Likes

Heck, sometimes we even COMBINE them…

9 Likes

Day 1 was hard. I won’t disclose how many donuts I managed but suffice it to say the LDS had to close early on account of a lack of product. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::blush::face_vomiting:.

Fortunately, tomorrow is a pre-rest day rest day.
I think I’ve got this one covered. Wish me luck!

11 Likes

I’m glad today is a pre-rest day rest day, cuz tomorrow’s rest day looks exhausting. Sooooo much rest! Oh well. Trust the plan they say!

6 Likes

Could you please summarize this day-by-day rest plan? All that daily reading is exhausting me, and I now need a rest…

5 Likes

It’s not just a rest plan!! This is the ADVANCED COUCHLANDRIAN TENDENCIES ACCELERATOR. There was baseline donut testing. Hey, if I can take the time out of my otherwise completely empty schedule to post these updates, the very least you could do is read it. Sheesh. Well, actually the very least you could do is not read it, but then you’d miss out on all the tedium :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hey, I know, but my doughnut delivery arm is still recovering from that doughnut baseline test, and I’m still not finished digesting all these doughnuts. I really went all out on that baseline test and broke my all time doughnuting record. So, surely, you must understand that all this plan reading is too much effort for me. Oh, and before you ask, I am dictating this reply, in order not to overextend my fingers.

Off to rest from all of this dictating effort…

Rob

6 Likes

Thanks for the explainer. I get it now cuz reading it was tiring. I’m off to rest some more.

5 Likes

Make sure you do a Full Fry-up (FF) and update your 4 Donut Points (4DP) after doing this insane week - you will be proud of your new numbers!

9 Likes

“Less than you”.

Rob

10 Likes

Haven’t you read From the Couches?

Its 4FB

3 Likes

It’s great to have no goals.

3 Likes

No. Nope. Uh-uh. Not. Nada. Nein.

7 Likes

Nyet…