2023 Sufferlandrian National Day (Oct 29th)

I’m in!

Cleared the decks this morning and completed the October challenge. So can focus on prep for this.

I love (hate) Kitchen Sink. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

(Not) Looking forward to it.

:+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

I get to do Kitchen Sink twice this month. Yeah??? :weary:

It is the final ride in the 2018 ToS which I began yesterday. So next weekend I get my first shot. Then again at the end of the month for this event.

If it’s on the calendar, that’s what I ride. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :persevere:

4 Likes

More than me :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Whaa? Why would you do that to yourself?

4 Likes

Kind Sir, I must admit that I am both shocked and dismayed by such a question from a fellow Knight.

First, I am on a quest to complete all the past Tours of SUFFERLANDRIA, emphasis intended, that I did not complete. I know that no Knight would ever suggest that this Knight abandon his quest.

Second, the event at the end of the month is for Sufferlandrian Pride , Honor and Glory. I can not expect all the Knights of Sufferlandria to carry the mantle while I am a bystander.

May I respectfully request that you report to a flogging station immediately!

4 Likes

Remember, some of us enjoy the extra floggings. The Lower Dungeon awaits for those who don’t.

2 Likes

Just questioning your/our sanity, Sir @Critmark. I certainly understand it.

Untitled

Yeah fair. I probably have a station named after me at this point…right next to the one Sir @Glen.Coutts lives at!

:wink:

5 Likes

Knights don’t let other Knights suffer alone

6 Likes

I tend to do my best suffering alone. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I heard rumor that the two of you share power stations next to each other in the lower dungeon…and I’m in there somewhere trying to figure out how to turn the lights on.

4 Likes

Knights have already proven that sanity is meaningless.

8 Likes

Well there’s no tests for sanity for Knights. 12 hours on a trainer riding 10 Sufferfest videos proves that sanity is not a quality we possess. Stubbornness is. Perseverance is. Getting the job done is. Those are things we all should look to do

9 Likes

@jmckenzieKOS well said.

4 Likes

Just a curious question for this Celebration, would we be doing this ride on RGT to bid farewell to RGT?

I mean, it’s not like I will miss RGT or anything because I just never got the hang of doing my workouts on RGT to begin with, but just a wild thought though.

1 Like

I will 100% absolutely NOT be doing this in RGT. SUF has always been a solo endeavour for me. I immerse myself in the suffering. It’s what got me hooked in the first place and it’s what keeps me here. Group workouts indoors have just never been my thing.

Nothing against those that loved RGT and I feel genuinely bad for the many people who’ve now lost their preferred indoor training app.

9 Likes

Racing on RGT definitely made me stronger.

3 Likes

I might just take Kitchen Sink out on the road, maybe. Haha
But definitely not planning to do Kitchen Sink on RGT. In fact, RGT is no longer installed on my computer. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why would we do this on RGT seeing the same boring background RGT offers and no music for 3 hours? The fact that RGT is going away notwithstanding, I would never do any Sufferfest ride on RGT.

4 Likes

Usual place, usual format.

App fired up, volume to 11, SUFbuckets close at hand, Fluffy not too far behind me.

If we as a community and app survive into the new year, I might get around to getting the Knighthood sorted out.

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::crazy_face::crazy_face:

6 Likes

There is no “might”. There is only mighty and mightier. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes