40k tt

Hi I’ve got a 40k TT on Sunday what workout would you do today and tomorrow the race starts at 1400

Recharger today
Primers or openers tomorrow

Good luck!

3 Likes

Hey @Parfi1959 ,
I would advise taking today off then Primers tomorrow. You could also do the NoVid Openers outdoors instead of Primers if you want to get a ride outside preferably on the race course if possible.
Crush it!

Cheers,
Spencer

2 Likes

I’d always thought that Primers was intended for the day before an event while Openers was intended on event day, just prior to the event itself. I thought it was Igniter, not Primers that could be replaced with Openers outdoors.

Has the thinking changed on that?

1 Like

@Glen.Coutts The description for Openers says use the day before a race, test, etc. Ignitor is a warmup that was used by Team Sky before their races.

2 Likes

Hey @Glen.Coutts
Primers and Openers are interchangeable. Always have been. Just depends if you re indoors or outdoors. As @JSampson said, you can do Ingniter or GCN Ready Set Go on day of event warm up.

Cheers,
Spencer

2 Likes

Thanks Sirs @Coach.Spencer.R @JSampson.

Of course! I dunno what I was thinking. Off to flogging station 32 (my favourite) for a lesson in “stop, think, confirm, respond” :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes