Workout before big ride

What is your favorite workout a couple of days before a big event?

1 Like

Primers day before. 2 days before, often nothing at all. Maybe recharger.

4 Likes

As Sir @Glen.Coutts recommends, Primers is a good leg-freshener. Depending on the length and intensity you want, Openers, Phil Gaimon’s Openers, or Tapers are also good choices, and the new No Place Like Home would probably also fit well in a taper week.

6 Likes

I will do Recharger today and Primers tomorrow. Legs feeling heavy, for no apparent reason. Also scheduled some more SYSTM Mobility and Stretching sessions.

3 Likes

C’mon man!!! What’s the big event?!?!?!

1 Like

haha, it is not that big of a deal. it is my first cyclo in a while because of ongoing lower back and L/R balance troubles. but it is manageble with a lot of stretchting, core and yoga.

I will ride the Kuurne Brussel Kuurne cylco Saturday with some 5000 other enthousiasts.

8 Likes

How is that not a big freakin’ deal. That’s HUGE!

Do you have a team you’re riding with or are you representing the greatest mythical nation in the whole wide world solo?

Edit: have a blast! Looks like an incredible event!

3 Likes

I thought the exact same when riding this on Tuesday, it seemed a perfect alternative to primers or openers that worked all intensity levels just the right amount.

4 Likes

Agree with both @DameCristy and @Dafydd about NPLH. A fun and funny alternate with not too much stress.

3 Likes

I’m riding with a friend, and a decal of the great nation you speak of.

6 Likes