A Week With … (Suggestion Box / Wish List)

Lol. Agreed. I would much rather do The Chores than the chores.

4 Likes

After reading @JSampson views on A Week With Ian Boswell, he mentioned how there was some great advice on technique. I wonder if it would be possible to get riders from different disciplines to do this, share some training sessions and give technical advice along with it? Eg TT, climber, crit, MTB disciplines? Some of those sessions could then be incorporated into the discipline specific training plans.

4 Likes

Need to catch up with this thread. Haven’t read it as we’ve been out filming.

11 Likes

Oooooooooh!

I still don’t like that double-bar though :slight_smile:

Yes!

And it would be fun to see what some retired pros now do. Fabian Cancellara would be at the top of my list.

Another fun list would be celebrities who ride:
Reggie Miller
Patrick Dempsey
Jimmie Johnson and all the other NASCAR/Indy guys
Bo Jackson and Juju Smith-Schuster, NFL players who both hold charity bike rides.

1 Like

@ironclm Interesting document with Fabian Cancellara is in GCN+ (subscription needed) - Legend Fabian Cancellara

2 Likes
  1. U.S. basketball HOF-er Bill Walton is now a huge cyclist who, I believe, runs a team.

2. Scott Jones is a two-star admiral in the U.S. Navy, Chief of Naval Air Forces - Reserve, civilian airline captain, former head coach of the Navy’s triathlon team, former Ironman Kona military champion, and consistent Kona competitor. He’s also a great guy with a compelling story (high school dropout, enlisted in the Navy, worked his way up). His wife, Teresa Rider-Jones, is a former Ironman Kona champion. Together, they ran IMJoneser Coaching in the Boulder area before Scott promoted to admiral and got pulled on to active duty. Talk about a power couple!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind seeing some of the triathletes weeks Katie Zaferes, Flora Duffy, Mario Mola, Alex Yee, or some of the Kona competitors Lucy Charles Barclay perhaps and others

2 Likes