Add event to calendar 🙏🙏🙏

I know things like this have been requested before but please, please, PLEASE let us use the SYSTM calendar, like an actual, erm, calendar. I.e. Let us add events etc to days of the week where we have a thing, or a couple things.

6 Likes

I totally agree. Even if we were only able to add other activities like kayaking or weight lifting this would keep everything together. I use the SYSTM calendar to plan my workouts and I would like to add in these other workouts. As it is, I use the aerobic swims and runs as placeholders for the workout that I want to do. I don’t have the flexibility to follow a SYSTM plan, but I plan my workouts the week before and use the SYSTM calendar to do this.

5 Likes

I would really love to be able to add target events for riding, etc… Would also love to see TSS being shown on the week summary too.

5 Likes

@Marty My workaround is to add a plan - for example I am currently doing the in season MTB. Find the race - generally at the end of the plan but there also may be a practice race midway through the plan. If you open the event and click the dots there is the option to add to calendar. I keep adding additional races for all of my scheduled events. I then adjust the plan to make sure I am not coming in too fatigued and also allow for a bit of recovery depending on whether it is an A, B or C event.

1 Like

Off-topic a bit but how do you find/enjoy the in-season MTB plan?

I always figured in season plans woukd be tough bc if you race a lot, it’s hard to predict exactly when I’ll want to train, how much etc

@devolikewhoa So I like the structure of a plan but generally I do a lot of modification around races, travel, etc. but in general I like way they set up the in-season plans and haven’t experienced any issues with fatigue. I typically go 2:1 but on occasion might flip to 3:1 just for a week and then work back into 2:1 with a 1:1.

For the past two seasons I have done the XC plan to start the season as my races generally are shorter in length - racing short track every other Wednesday night for six weeks. Then I switch to marathon for later in the season - really focusing on one big race at the end of September.

I add strength, yoga and mobility to the plans. Strength serves as a bookmark for days when I will lift free weights (or core work during a race week) and then try to keep up with the mobility and yoga as I find that it really makes a difference and I suffer a lot if I skip that stuff.

Off-season I spent a few weeks doing my own plan designs - mostly using the FTP progressions on a Tuesday and then something Thursday and longer stuff on the weekends. That worked too but I have found it a lot easier to add something to the calendar and then just rearrange as I work through the plan.

1 Like

I’ve run into this issue again: on iphone the calendar does not really sync correctly - I added a plan; systm told that I did - but no workouts would show up, ok reloaded that view, scrolled in the calendar, relaunched the app just o find no workouts still, so adding the plan again was my solution and it behaved similar so went over to the the elemnt companion app to see that schedueled workouts were being displayed twice.
did you ever remove a workout? systm tells you it did - the only visual proof is a banner being shown, the workout remains visible in the calendar - reload the app to see it’s gone, ok now do this for a double added 12 weeks plan… you get the picture: it’s tedious and it really sucks, given that the calendar also does not use gestures or any other features of the operating system. scroll to workout, tap on three dots, tap on remove, confirm removal by tapping on remove, get confirmation, tap on ok - repeat. just to see the workout is still being displayed and the view is not refreshed. please have your product manager do this once and have them compare it with the interaction in the native ios calendar. at least give me the possibility to remove a complete plan from the calendar - I didn’t mean to add it it was by mistake, do not punish me for this. cheers!

1 Like

Hey @christian.unger i hear your frustration with the calendar. I think that part of the issue you experience has to do with where the “data” resides, namely, the wahoo cloud. So, your deleting a workout and getting the notification that it’s been removed doesn’t result in an immediate removal from the cloud. There’s a delay. And the delay can vary in length but it does require the app to sync up with the cloud prior to it then showing your updated schedule.

As for completely removing a plan or duplicate plans, you should be able to do this by clicking “View Summary” in the calendar in iOS Then view plan, then delete plan. Here are some screenshots

oh wow that sounds like a plan, but first thing when I open the iOS app: no workouts shown, I know that there are some, because I edited it in the mac app, ok I follow your (promsising) steps and tap on “view” - getting an error loading the screen, so no overview of the plan. and realoding the screen blanks out the view - meh, but other than that I wil try it next time, also ok maybe the data is “in the cloud” but there are ways to cache it at least, syncing does not have to take place when deleting a workout this can be done on a differnet thread and teh UI could be optimistically updated – just my 2 cents cheers christian

1 Like

Just offering a solution for you to delete the entire plan you added inadvertently. So you’re not being “punished”. I’m not a developer so have no idea how easy or hard it might be to improve calendar sync/caching etc

yeah if it worked for me it would have saved quite some time. thanks for letting me know!
cheers christian

1 Like

No problem. If iOS is giving you grief you could try the same thing on the web app, or the Mac app though the steps are slightly different.