Alternative training plan videos

I love the training plans, I feel the improvement on the road so I follow my plan the best I can, but sometimes I miss my favorites videos (Omnium, Wretched, Power Station, Fight Club) or I just want to try something new (there are a lot of videos I haven’t try just because I don’t want to ruin my plan). I think it would be a good idea to have a “Equivalent Table for Suffering” of the videos, just to have an option once in a while. Is a bad idea to substitute a video? The proritity is to keep improving.

11 Likes

Great suggestion. I want this!

2 Likes

I could play The Wretched everyday, love it!

2 Likes

@Juanale81,

A little birdie has told me that a tool to choose an alternative workout is coming soon… :wink:

18 Likes

Outstanding!

1 Like

Oooh, that sounds interesting.

What else are the little birds telling you? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, I can’t spill ALL of our secrets…then you won’t be as excited when we launch new stuff!

6 Likes

I think you just need to look at the 4dp profile and general point of the session to get a good idea.

Have Thin Air on the plan? You could substitute for Wretched or HHNF perhaps (both sustained efforts). Revolver? Try 14 VG or Nine Hammers. Angels? Rookie or The Hunted or perhaps even Local Hero…

They’re not identical but you should be able to come up with ideas by looking at the profile.

2 Likes

This is excellent news because, well… violator!

2 Likes

@Coach.Suzie.S that sounds so exciting! Can’t wait for the new features!

2 Likes

Cadence builds are still cadence builds though… I wish there was a way to get the benefit without having to do them.

2 Likes

Ugh, Cadence Builds :sleeping:. Hopefully the tool :shushing_face: will allow those to be swapped for, ooo, let’s go with something fun like Violator :hamster: :grin:

3 Likes

@Cody.Moore You could swap Cadence Builds and Holds :wink: If you like Cadence Builds, I bet you LOVE cadence builds and holds! :laughing:

4 Likes

:face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Oooh, violator with no resistance. That sounds fun, -ish, not. :joy::joy:

1 Like

'tis one of the many fun ways to do Violator :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry to drag this up again, but it is a great idea. One other thing to make it even better would be an outside alternative. Some workouts are easy enough to copy (revolver?) but for for others an outside option would be great eg 3x8 min at threshold etc

3 Likes