Android: Use another music app in background?

Sorry, but I’ve always hated the screamy, whiteboy rock of sufferfest. Typically I’ve just listened to music on my phone while i do a workout on a computer.

Now that we have an android app (hooray!) it would be great to be able to listen to spotify while the systm app is running. Unfortunately, it seems like the systm app silences audio from any other source. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I can play music from Spotify on my Android phone whilst running the Systm app, and in fact if I leave the Systm music switched on then I get music from both apps on top of each other. not pleasant but seems to work.

Might be worth a question to the minions?

As an aside, I think I read somewhere that integration with 3rd party music apps is in the works. I have no inside knowledge so I don’t know what/which/who/how/when. I imagine perhaps similar to how the Waze app works.

L

Not to be “that guy”, or to take away from your point (and post), but having deep-dived into many of the SUFF tracks, a lot of those euro band tracks are far from “whiteboy rock”. Though as an American from the 70’s and 80’s, I may be defining that term WAY different than you. :wink:

Thanks for the replies. Weird that my android device won’t allow that.

Whatever the music is, I don’t like it, and it actually affects my ability to hold high levels of discomfort. I’m sure that other people wouldn’t like my music, but for whatever reason, The Game and Swae Lee work better for me.

1 Like

Whatever works. :+1:t2:

perhaps change the phone settings so apps are allowed to run simultaneously (sorry, can’t post a screenshot cos my phone language is German)

My iPhone also mutes sound from other apps. I raised a ticket a couple of weeks ago. There is probably not a single workout where I have listened to the music right through. I do not mind the mellow stuff, but I find music a distraction, I get fixated on cadence and power targets, and the countdown timer.Often my eyes just flick from one to the other , blocking everything else out

1 Like