๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€ APP UPDATE: You can now play music on other apps!๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€

LET THE MUSIC PLAY! With the latest update (7.26), you can now play music in other apps (e.g., Spotify, Apple Music) while using the SYSTM app. We know that the inability to do this for many of you was really frustrating. It was a difficult issue to solve, but our crack team really dug in and got it done. Now time toโ€ฆ https://youtu.be/_-0sUuGufmw?t=82

37 Likes

Great specialy for those wo without media content and once you are doing the workout for the second time and you just dont want to listen and see the same story.

1 Like

Thanks for fixing this. You all rock!

1 Like

I have always used my own music from my library or Youtubeยฎ audio or video in case of NO VID workout โ€ฆ
Since I run a Win 7 laptop, I must still use The Sufferfest since I cannot afford a new Win 10 or higher laptop

Sorry I donโ€™t get it. I have always ran Spotify along with Systm on my android phone. Can you control Spotify from inside Systm now?

This is about SYSTM on iOS - you never used to be able to use another music app if the SYSTM video was playing a no-vid, even though you could make it work for video based workouts.

1 Like

Oh I see! Thank you for the clarification! :blush:

Since this announcement and latest release I am actually unable to run spotify in the background on my Android tablet as the moment I start spotify my workout pauses and vice versaโ€ฆ This used to work most of the time if I got the order of starting things up (Spotify first, hit play, then start Systm app and pick workout etc) right

Kudos for listening to and caring about your subscribers and for the willingness to dig in and spend the time and effort to find a solution. That is a model for success, brothers and sisters!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I am using SYSTM for more than half a year now mainly for cycling, but I also got to like the strength and mobility sessions as well.
As the strength-sessions are without any music I would really like to listen to my spotify-playlists while doing the workouts. unfortunately I couldnโ€™t figure out how this works.
I read the instruction on https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408409780242-Workout-Player-Playing-Music-from-3rd-Party-App and this works well when doing cycling-workouts.
but when I do the strength-workouts on my android-phone they always start automatically, so there is no way I can switch the โ€œsound-toggleโ€ of before the video starts.

can anyone help me out with this issue?

thank you very much!

Running the latest iOS on a iPad Pro with latest apps and can no longer get spotify to work when running no audio routes. As soon as wahoo starts it overrides the music. Anyone else having that issue?
Mike

Yeah, same. Iโ€™m new to Wahoo but Iโ€™m sure I was able to do that the first time. But the other day I couldnโ€™t as Spotify would stop as soon as the wahoo video played

Have you turned off music (and possibly sound effects) in the ride settings? This sorted it for me.

Iโ€™ve done this. But when I do this on my iPhone, SYSTM is no longer able to stop lock the screen focus, so my phone goes to sleep every 5 minutes if I donโ€™t keep touching the screen to keep it awake.