šŸš€šŸš€šŸš€ Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest šŸš€šŸš€šŸš€

Grunter forgive me but I havenā€™t ridden indoors since April so I welcome whatever advanced and personally altered suffering you choose to inflict Sir @Francois-Wahoo

2 Likes

But @abicarver is so sweet and nice! She is also elastigirl because she makes Yoga-fering look easy.

5 Likes

This is such a great overview of the challenge, and the opportunity, which is in front of us here. Being everything to everybody is folly, but blinding allegiance to what got us here was dangerously close to its sustainability ā€œsell byā€ date.

Everything in SYSTM is designed to help us efficiently become better, healthier, and happier athletes in an increasingly hectic and multitask focused world. I am stoked to have an ever-increasing amount of professionally designed on and off the bike training options at my disposal. Given the fact that we still have all the stuff we had before, it is hard for me to see how any of this is overwhelmingly negative.

8 Likes

Seeing that someone at the helm puts thoughts this deep and profound into the product I learned to love makes me happy to be a part of the voyage.

3 Likes

Youā€™re all right of course. And Iā€™m not being ironic here.
@Francois-Wahoo put what I thought in a nutshell (a fairly large nutshell perhaps, but still :wink: ). Itā€™s a lot about the diversity versus uniformity problem. My English is not sophisticated enough to phrase it so precisely, which perhaps was one reason why I was mistaken for not supporting diversity in general.
Everything all of you say makes sense, the business view on things, the broadening of the training base (Iā€™ve always loved that fact that the Sufferfest offered so much more where other brands are very one-dimensional), the fact that Sufferlandria was made by the people, not the homepage, and the fact that this community will be even more fantastic in the future with a greater variaty of people, backgrounds, mindsetsā€¦ all that seems very true to me.
I just think we had something unique in Sufferlandria. And I would miss it dearly if it was gone, even though I just move across the boarder about a year ago. Letā€™s just hope you will all be right and each and everyone here will suffer, but the spirit!

And one last time, and then I shall not talk about this any more:
Did you REALLY have to take down the Sufferlandria site? I meanā€¦ REALLY?
I do understand the direction you were running into, but are you sure you did not just miss the finish line somewhere and just ran a bit too far here?
That for me was a tone setter, that was what I fell in love with when I searched for trainings appsā€¦ Itā€™s like you really love your girlfriendā€™s red hair and of course everything else about her, her character above all, and then one day she surprises you with her hair back to brown. I mean, you still love her obviously, butā€¦ really?
Side question: Would somebody at Wahoo mind sending me the old Sufferlandria site texts via email? I would badly appreciate that!

2 Likes

You can find the thread about the sufferlandrian pages here:

In this Thread is also the following post stating they will bring the Sufferlandrian pages back:

David.McQuillen.KoS 18d
Weā€™re working on getting a home for those pages at Wahoo website. Stay tuned!

If you canā€™t find all the pages I can post them for you if you want just send me a pm or ask for them in a thread. I downloaded them also just to be safe.

3 Likes

Made my day!
Thank you so much!

1 Like

You were just doing Sufferlandrian missionary work elsewhere.

2 Likes

Yeh. Thatā€™s right. Spreading the good word to any and all whoā€™ll listen (as well as those that donā€™t)

2 Likes

I prescribe more yoga to engender kinder feelings towards me. Youā€™re clearly not doing enough.

17 Likes

It gets easier! After attempt roughly 400 attemptsā€¦

7 Likes

Thank you for coming to my defence! I need all the support I can get!

3 Likes

@abicarver Iā€™m loving the Yoga. I often do two or three sets. Still a beginner, but getting better.

3 Likes

Ha. You are eeeeeeeevil!!! Evil I tell you! I was doing Improving Posture 1 today. You know, the one with 1 handed tiger. Even my wife laughed when she heard you say, relax into the pose!

3 Likes

The wonders of the internet wayback machine: The Sufferfest: Complete Training App for Cyclists and Triathletes

2 Likes

Still firming this up, but Iā€™ve asked the team for more info and Iā€™ll let you know when I learn more :slight_smile: - any topics you want to see covered?

There is certainly room for improvement, but the bones are strong and it will improve going forward.

You definitely werenā€™t the only one. You may have received a reply elsewhere, but after some backa-and-forth with Garmin it looks like the integration is back online. Sorry for the inconvenience! cc @SamY

Checking in with you here. Did you get this resolved by our support team? If not, we can help - write us here: https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Itā€™s a tough solve with tons of different scenarios and the ride/training/device management and other data is important to keep intact / problem-free - so weā€™ll take our time with it to make sure we get it right - but there are some good reasons for making it happen.

The eSports plans can be found by choosing Cycling > Event Prep > Online > Virtual Racing from the plan picker, with the remaining steps filled out relevant to your needs. Theyā€™re 12 weeks long and ā€œendā€ on your target race event.

Sorry I didnā€™t reply sooner - but you can use the same SUF account to log in to SYSTM (if you havenā€™t already, that is) and the data will carry over.

Weā€™re working on finding a home for all the amazing culture & history, but itā€™s loss is not un-mourned by your fellow Sufferlandrians. Several interested (internal) Minions on the case at the moment, so this pain is only temporary

These are lofty standards - and nothing wrong with that at all! We hope to meet and exceed this expectation (and I, too, want to see this as well, so I wonā€™t stop bringing it up with the sports science and product teams)

Vote counted, but only once! :wink:

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. I hope youā€™ve written us about this already, but if not you can ask our customer support team for advice here. There may be a few variables at play, but my first recommendation is to make sure the workout youā€™re looking to mirror is downloaded to your device, this way youā€™re not taxing your network as heavily.

The filter is sorted, by default, alphabetically. You can configure the sort to be by TSS or IF (or duration) as well, but if I understand correctly, youā€™re looking for the filter to sort from most MAP-iest to least MAP-iest, or for the app to identify/highlight the most effective workouts in that category? If so, Iā€™ve logged this for discussion with the team - I think itā€™s handy too!

Found the fellow Muse fan! Word from the higher ups is that ProRides do not count towards the Knighthood - they are not, strictly speaking, Sufferfest workouts. GvA did say something like ā€œI wouldnā€™t hate it if they did a ProRide as an 11th ride to cool-down from the 10 Sufferfestsā€¦ā€ :volcano:cc @Jon

Couldnā€™t agree more - improving the experience and adding depth to the information for each badge is on the road map. Noting your nods of agreement as well @Christine-B & @geraintevans

Hiya, now that the launch dust has settled and the server gremlins have been fed, is the streaming quality and ongoing issue for you? We are hearing similar reports and working on identifying the conditions where this is consistently happening. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

With the sequel, Pivot Table (cc @way9e0 - ah, I was totally going to make one but Iā€™m super late to the gameā€¦!)

Circling back to this, are these issues still plaguing you? Weā€™re circling the wagons on this and could use all the info we can get.

SWEET! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Streaming is almost perfect now. Usually I get 1 or 2 hiccups in a full video and they are only 1-2 seconds. Not perfect but really annoying either

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Never ideal, but still good to hear your experience has improved overall. Weā€™re going to keep working this issue because, as we always say, nothing must dull the SYSTMā€™ing! :wink:

4 Likes

The streaming is still a big problem for me. I had almost no problems with the original SUF App but with SYSTM 50% or more of my sessions are interrupted by stuttering or missing videos. My network connection is (100mbps VDSL; Germany) is more or less idle during those streaming problems. Downloading a video in advance isnā€™t always an option as Iā€™m currently not following a plan thus deciding rather spontaniously which session I would like to ride.

Edit: fixed some typos.

3 Likes

Sorry, this must be frustrating and not the experience we want you to have. Still working on this issue with the team. Thanks for the update