🚀🚀🚀 Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest 🚀🚀🚀

Mazel tov. The future is bright!

2 Likes

Ok… So I have browsed the new app a bit. I will allow myself to be a little nostalgic regarding the change of identity (Let’s face it, it’s not only the name). However, I totally see the benefit of a completely new platform to allow easier roll out of new functionality, features and content, and that expansion to new users is necessary to facilitate this.

Straight away I will miss the Sufferfest identity, however, I trust @David.McQuillen.KoS will not let us down and ensure additional content in the Sufferfest spirit will reach the flogging stations.

An immediate concern is however not keeping the old forum in some form, as I expect conforming the forum with the new app will lead to more generic content and less Sufferlandrian banter. Which I will miss…

I won’t bother complaining on the calendar issues, not able to swipe “back” in iOS, etc. etc. as I understand there is still a lot of work in progress and thus expect this to be in place in the near future.

In summary; the new app looks very promising for lots of additional hours of suffering, I expect it will only become better and better.

5 Likes

I’d love to be able to pick the days of the week I can commit to train on for a plan and to be able to indicate days I’m riding outdoors in an unstructured (fun) way like gravel riding otherwise I find the plans a bit unrealistic as they want to lay out all of my exercising per week…

2 Likes

Agree.
The name sounds quite strange (((

I so hope that the Suff flogging and attitude remains as that’s what made Sufferfest such a blast for me. Nothing like laffing hysterically while trying to keep up in A Very Dark Place. I’d actually rewind to see the laser goats zap the couches again!!

4 Likes

Hi.

This may have been mentioned in all of the above, but there’s just so much excitement I might have missed it. Nothing works! iOS, Android… nothing! No video will play, no video will download… nothing!

All operating systems are up to date. Probably just teething issues but I need to suffer!!

Much has been said, much will be said but I’m kind of excited to see what else is coming… when it works :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve had a look at new Strength & agree that the new naming is initially a bit confusing, but have concluded that Suff Intermediate 4a is now Full body 15, Suff Intermediate 4b is now Full body 16…….so assume FB 17, 18, 19 & 20 are actually Intermediate 5a, 5b, 6a & 6b

3 Likes

Congrats! The UI is amazing, however I can’t find the ‘last ridden’ field, can you please provide some guidance?

1 Like

I love the idea of being able to pick my training days when I set up a plan! Wouldn’t it be great to say that Thursday and Sunday are my outdoor training days, and strength needs to be on Monday and Friday… But I suppose that’s asking a lot of a piece of non-AI code.

4 Likes

Just to balance out all the others criticisms of the name - I love it. I’m a new user and thought a lot of the Sufferfest stuff was really cheesy and dated. The music selections were often awful (hello 4DP ftp techno) - I hope that changes too.

5 Likes

So still no ability to create custom or modify existing workouts?

2 Likes

You can only connect 2 BLE devices to Apple TV (in reality 3 minus the apple remote) but there are several workarounds.
For example you can use a ANT+ to Bluetooth bridge which collects multiple devices to a single Bluetooth connection. Like the “4iiii Viiiiva HRM ANT+ to BT Bridge” or other possibilities.

1 Like

Sadly, Sufferfest spirit is gone for me with all this re-branding change everywhere (even on this forum and my Stava rides), things will never be the same again …

2 Likes

That would not BE great. That would be AWSOME! And dragging and droping workouts on the calendar to.

1 Like

Has anyone tryed the new and old APP today and had the workout vídeo not working? I’ve send a ticket to the Minions but I guess it may have been a common issue due to the update.

They’ve made A Very Dark Place easier. The targets have dropped.

Can you connect garmin neo 2t to it?

2 Likes

Yep! All BTLE FTMS and Ant+ FEC trainers should work absolutely fine.

1 Like

Did Chores today with the new software on Mac m1 and was working fine

1 Like

Easier??? Wot, dare say easier??? No, not here (wagging finger back and forth).