🚀🚀🚀 Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest 🚀🚀🚀

As mentioned above , this covered in the DC Rainmaker article on Systm in the coming soon section

As noted earlier, there’s no outside rides today. There are outside runs, yes, but no outside equivalents to any of the workouts. Given it’s designed to be a comprehensive training platform, Wahoo says they understand the need/desire to eventually ride a bike outside. By the end of the year you’ll start to see outside rides within the app (so basically, structured workouts designed for outside).

There is a new update on the android app with calendar improvements.

3 Likes

I really feel that the minions should share a upcoming features / roadmap, several people have asked several times about features, and there are posts here to indicate

(features that I’ve seen … confirmation that they are being worked on)

1. Outdoor rides
  2. Ride Diagnostics (Passport)
  3. Custom Workouts
  4. Workout alternatives

All sounds realy good … but it would be noce to have some sort of place that would stop people asking

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the Information @Sir_SimonF !
Sadly the drawback of the kickr bike not being able to do more than 130rpm is neither mentioned in the official handbook https://de-eu.wahoofitness.com/media/wysiwyg/instructions/kickrbike/Wahoo_KICKRbike_QSG_5x8_Rd11.pdf nor anywhere on the wahoo page Anleitung | Wahoo KICKR BIKE | Wahoo Fitness EU.

Yeah, it’s a really bad down side in my opinion.
And the really, really bad thing is that Wahoo doesn’t mention it ANYWHERE !!!

scroll down to the bottom.

1 Like

thanks! what`s nice is the workout just keeps running even if the videos are buffering. now will need to figure out how to use level mode even more as erg mode has killed my shifting senses :slight_smile:

I gave the new app a try last evening. The transition to the new app was smooth as an old trainer tire. Searching for workouts is much easier and faster now. This is a much needed update.
I am looking forward to the new content.
Change is good. Change is growth. Having done some preliminary exploring around the new app, I really don’t understand some of the crybaby outrage I’m seeing on FB. This is definitely an improvement. …and I think the new name is fine. It fits the branding of the rest of the ecosystem. When I want my friends and coworkers to think I’m a super athlete (cough cough), I’ll still say I did a Sufferfest workout.
Thank you to the whole team who put this together.

15 Likes

You say it, and if anyone responds to you , tell them to talk to the hand

1 Like

They could not provide these features with the current app. The new app is a rewrite from the ground up. That provides the basis for adding all of the features we have requested over the years. But these changes take time.

I am not disappointed in the new app. I would be disappointed if we didn’t have one. Because if they had stayed stagnant Sufferlandria would be doomed. Couchlandria and Watopia would keep encroaching on our borders until nothing is left.

As it is, we are invading theirs, taking new territory and planting fresh seed in the amber waves of pain.

7 Likes

I was just discussing the FB response with someone over morning coffee. I put my post out there because the complaints seem so dominant. However, I think one thing we may all want to keep in mind is that FB posts can last longer than the actual emotion that went into them. That can maybe give those responses more volume than even the poster intended. People get frustrated with change. Hopefully they get over it.

5 Likes

There has been loads off complaining and it’s sad to see.

A name is just a name and people will get over it, everyone should be more excited to get getting a newer and better platform over the next couple of months and who know what will be in store next year, hopefully there will be more clarity on features going forward. Wahoo seem to not like putting timelines on new features, how about putting the percentage complete a feature is and allow the hamsters to see how the progress coming along?

5 Likes

And, just to add to what you have said, it does say in the very first post in this thread (the announcement post) that changes are coming to the calender, if I was to guess, I would say that the calender changes are linked to the new diagnostic feature, which is coming due to the re-write

2 Likes

I totally agree, I know the new features are just a promise, but it’s the new features coming that made me renew my subscription, interested to see where this new product is taken

The calendar changes were promised long before the new app was announced. The disappointment is that they were not part of latest package.

Fair, and I get it, just a lot of the comments (about several things) feel like the day 1 product is the final release (there have been 3 releases in 3 days) , a fair amount of comments are about stuff that could be answered by reading the announcment post, I agree the SF calender was awful (for a modern calender), and why I have been using a competitor for a while

Agreed. I really like being able to use my phone, especially for the yoga and strength workouts.

I haven’t seen any streaming issues on my Android phone so far. Is is possible there’s something in your device config, or the strength of its connection to the network, that impacts the streaming quality?

1 Like

A couple improvements are in there now though. Being able to add an ad hoc workout, being able to scroll through time (instead of arrow to next month) and the default size now showing the weekly total (planned, actual etc). Plus the web interface is 1,000,000 times better. I agree the calendar has a way to go, but it already is better than the old one.

Edit: just realized the default size in the SUF calendar showed the weekly total too :slight_smile: Still, ad hoc adding workouts and the scrolling thing is a def improvement. I am excited for the improvements to come. One thing that never changes is the continual push to innovate. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Well, I love it…

Yeah, a few niggles getting it going on my machine, but hey ho, it’s all good now. The Minions were on it as always. Thank you.

All our fave Suf workouts are still here, plus some new stuff.

The new look is easy on the eyes. The new home screen background looks beautiful. Nice colours too.

I really admire the way the CoS and the Minions have been on here helping us out and encouraging us. Not many apps will have that level of support and so quick too.

When you’re digging deep down the mines, does any of the UI stuff really matter that much?

Any tweaks and improvements will come in the fullness of time.

Well done to all involved and long live GvA.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

My re loaded training Plan still has outdoor rides on the weekend. It didn’t ask me to choose. They’re just there. The outdoor intervals session also has an equivalent NoVid in case the weather is less than stellar. So basically, I can choose each weekend where I ride. Indoors or out.

4 Likes

Ditto for me. Take my money, Wahoo! :slight_smile:

1 Like