🚀🚀🚀 Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest 🚀🚀🚀

Had my second session with the new iOS app last night; despite having used the app earlier in the day to schedule my recharger session the iOS app did not reliably cache subscription status (I have a years subscription). I was fully setup in an underground bike room with no internet before I realised the app thought I didn’t have a subscription. I had to leave my bike and trainer unattended to go up to ground level to get internet to let the app update! This was not an issue I ever encountered on the old Sufferfest app.

It’s not in the version that I have …

Then the easiest way is to contact the minions directly thru the web support request url or e-mailing the minions.

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

theminions@thesufferfest.com

1 Like

Can anybody help? Was looking at plans like the general 12 week road and whereas before you could ensure it was road and indoor training plans, now I cannot find it anywhere. I noticed that @BillyTheGoat asked the same, but, excuse me if I’m not reading it right, but I don’t think the question was answered. I’ll go ahead and use the old app to plan my next 12 weeks. It would be great if they could have this on the new app. When I click on my athlete profile, it shoes my last 4DP profile.

1 Like

Overall looks pretty good. Just one little thing I have noted is that the effort (number out of ten) obstructs the time of the current sector of the workout, more so if your effort is at a 0.5 eg 7.5/10. Not a major issue but I do look at that quite a bit especially on hard a workouts to help me get through. I’m using a iPad. Be nice if this could be corrected. Otherwise looking forward to trying the new content.

1 Like

Not sure if it will help but you can change the font size in display settings which might allow all the data fields to fit.

Im on iOS (iPhone 11) but I don’t have the same issue so assuming the layout / sizing differs on device type.

1 Like

Hey Andre – If you go to the gear icon > display you can turn off a metric or two that you don’t use (speed or distance maybe?). That will reduce the amount of space taken up by the metrics and allow the timer to be seen correctly.

1 Like

Thanks David I’ll try that. Although at the end of the tool shed this morning was closing my eyes and hanging for dear life so wasn’t a issue.

Really looking forward to seeing how the app develops.

Regards

Andre

1 Like

I still want to identify as a Sufferlandrian! :angry:

4 Likes

Excellent! CUORE | Welcome To Sufferlandria :wink:

5 Likes

Look, I like the look of the app and everything, but since the update, my Coros Pace 2 no longer gets picked up. Wasn’t an issue in Suff, still works fine in the Wahoo app, and it works on the android app via chromebook. But, I’m primarily using iOS right now due to location of my trainer + no chromebook / laptop stand. Unfortuantely, this is a bit of a deal breaker :frowning:

No download option yet so it seems for the android app unless I just can’t find it just yet

We haven’t built downloads for Android yet – only streaming at the moment, I’m afraid. We’re trying to figure out when we can get that built.

2 Likes

I really like being able to use my android tablet for workouts now, its more convenient than setting up my laptop.
Only problem is, my tablet seems to have more issues streaming/buffering than my other devices, so would definitively love to be able to download in the future.

2 Likes

Absolutely loving the new content!
I’ve tried the new strength core and dynamic sessions and loved both. The updated yoga and strength are a huge improvement too…much more fluid.
Took your recommendation and did the proride giro. Actually had to hold my breath and close my eyes when I got squeezed between the pack and the stone wall picking up a bottle. I guess that proves that in real life I’m more comfortable doing solo endurance!
I’ve been on location with Mike and am looking forward to the TdF with the Wolfpack this afternoon.
Thanks for making the winter season not just bearable but exciting and positve!

9 Likes

Feedback

I can I forgive rushing out a new app and using your paying customers to debug an MVP, well almost.

I can put up with ‘SYSTM’ instead of ‘SuffR’ and a dull vanilla app as a starter, which will improve over time.

My suffering is now having to live with the following changes:

• the dumbing down of the IF

• the dumbing down of the Intros

• The ‘Big Mountain’

• The bleaching out of ‘Suffering’

Like many I was prepared to sign in blood to “Sufferlandria, a place you can never leave” …. but wtf, it turns out it can leave you!

I do get it’s in there, but the suppression is significant, like there’s an intention to hide it, which just feels suspicious (feels wrong).

I just hope hope once the launch noise abates; the debugging’s done; you’ve added back popular features lost and maybe add a few more …. I hope you can roll back on the cultural glory of Suffefest which has been overly culled imo.

Please :pray:t2:?

You guys quite brilliantly curated some special sauce there, over time, with all those touch points. That’s super hard to achieve, which other far bigger brands would kill for, and in so doing you created an Apple’esk loyalty amongst your followers, a significant proportion of whom are clearly hurting.

For me, it just feels like you are spilling too much of that special sauce here, with all this. I hope not too much.

Whether you do or not I will always be a ‘Sufferlandrian’ at heart, but I will never ever be a ‘Wahooligan’ - a word that I submit is arguably MORE offensive and off-putting :face_vomiting:

9 Likes

Where does wahoo state the kickr bike is not recommended for cadences above 125? I can not find this information in the manual or their product page. This would be a serious downside to it.

Less than stellar experience so far on macOS. Wednesday I’ve tried On Location: Luberan. It might be a an interesting ride but in my case the video looked like 640*480 mpg video from the 80s. Yesterday I’ve tried I. Boswell: Race winning efforts. Looked good in the beginning. After the first sprint effort video went black and the clocks stopped. No matter what I’ve tried to resurrect the workout it didn’t work. Next try On Location: Les Baronnies. Finally something that worked and looked awesome.
I’ve tried to download the videos in advance. But after a couple of seconds a download failed message popped up. My 100mbps connection was mostly idle.
Is download supposed to work an macOS?

A major omission for me is the missing switching account functionality. I share my PC and trainer with my girlfriend. Account switching is an essential feature for us. Many of my friends use a similar shared setup.

On Location: Les Baronnies contains some cadence changes without any notification. Is this intentional?

I had a short look at the sufferfest videos. What happened to the intro? The original intro music and video gave me goosebumps almost immediately. This new one made me looking for a way to skip it as soon as possible! Please, please, please bring back the original sufferfest intro and get rid of this soulless thing!

5 Likes

Feedback :wave:: When choosing a training plan, the option to have a training plan with outdoor rides during the weekend is no longer available. Will this training option be made available again?

I am just started two weeks into ex-SUF training plan with outdoor rides so not affected at the moment. Hope the training plan with outdoor weekend rides be reinstated.

1 Like
1 Like