šŸš€šŸš€šŸš€ Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest šŸš€šŸš€šŸš€

Congrats on a superb effort with all of this :clap:

All working well for me - used successfully in anger on one iOS device, installed successfully on two more plus a Mac M1. Connected with my Wattbike Atom, synced properly with Strava, TP and Connect. Absolutely no tech issues experienced and thatā€™s a great achievement.

I personally find the rebrand a bit bland. ā€˜SYSTMā€™ really doesnā€™t do it for me, ā€˜Big Mountainā€™ and doing away with that ominous intro tune in the Sufferfest vids felt like needlessly throwing the baby out with the bath water. I completely get the need to broaden the appeal, but some of the vids are still supposed to be hard, and if youā€™ve got as far as playing them then you know what youā€™re getting into. That added to the magic of it for me.

None of this matters all that much as Iā€™ve been a Sufferlandrian since before it was subscription and Iā€™m not bailing anytime soon. Itā€™s still an awesome platform that gets you fit without having to needlessly interact with other humans [introvert here] and itā€™s all good.

The Calendar is a starting point for development, I really like the facility to just click on the activity to access the vid, thatā€™s much easier than using TP and then having to search for the workout. I would like alternative ways of finding a plan - the wizard is good for accessibility but itā€™s frustratingly repetitive to keep going through the strength & yoga options from scratch, to then preview and go back round.

How about a facility to export calendar to TP, with a link back to the vid? Then you get the predictive ATL/CTL functions in TP and it integrates it with metrics etc. Not sure whether youā€™re still working with TP or planning to compete with them?

Another vote here for Apple TV / tvOS please.

Also votes against climbing stats (meaningless) and social interaction (leave that to Z).

Bit of a ramble from me there based on a quick look and a couple of workouts, hope it helps. I think itā€™s a great step in a new direction and Iā€™ll be staying.

12 Likes

+1, be nice to be able to click on the badge and see a list of workouts required to get it :+1:

6 Likes

Not just me then. That little bit of extra adrenaline was great for getting me started.

6 Likes

ā€¦and you can never leave :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Change is difficult, especially changing the look, feel, and image of TheSufferfest. Rolled with shortening the name to SUF, changing the flag, etc. Iā€™m trying give the SYSTM a chance - a lot of great looking features but Iā€™m struggling to overcome the shift away from Sufferlandria. Maybe the ToS 2022 will make things feel right.

3 Likes

Nicky, I couldnā€™t agree more. Iā€™ve never been in one of these forum things. I just trying to figure out if ā€œtheyā€ have changed the workout #s. They donā€™t seem to match the original 4DP%s?

If by ā€˜rightā€™ you mean full of Pain, Misery, Agony, Honor, Glory and Victory then, yeah, it should.

13 Likes

I hope Dylan is going to put in another Oscar worthy performance in the TOS presentation video!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping the same for Sir @Pierre

3 Likes

@David.McQuillen.KoS I call that a successful event!

1 Like

For me, it would be okay without the download but you should get the streaming working reliably.

My Android box (NVidia Shield, Systm sideloaded, gigabit ethernet connection) and tablet (Samsung, 5Ghz Wifi)) both have buffer/connection problems.
I use them in the same places for Netflix (4k) and Youtube (4k) without hickups, only Systm gives problems. Roughly 3-5 dropouts (and deteriorating video quality) every training.

Iā€™m in Belgium and my internet connection is 75MBps and (almost) always stable.

2 Likes

Spot on Diana! We wanted to create an environment that anyone and everyone would feel comfortable training in. Of course, we will always cater for those that long for suffering!

3 Likes

Sorry but you sold out what was working and attractive to your current customer baseā€¦pity

1 Like

Just a question : where are now the volcano climbing and the speed demon plans ?
I am not able to find them anymoreā€¦

They donā€™t exist, theyā€™ve been subsumed into the building blocks plans instead. Iā€™m not actually sure what the direct proxies are supposed to be now and Iā€™ll probably have a solid look for them somewhere down the line if theyā€™re not re-instated or weā€™re not told precisely what to use instead.

I wanted both of those too, so Iā€™ve stacked them on my calendar in advance.
For now you can use this link to add them to your calendar, though how long that remains functional I donā€™t know.

2 Likes

Thank you Jon for your answer and your link.

OK, I switched to TR about 2 months ago because, despite of good results using suff, I found that the plans in suff were too short, and too many feew ones. I hoped that the new software would solve that problem and that I will go back to suff again, because ther are many things that I really appreciate (humor, musicā€¦). But that just seem to be worse with the new soft which is, in my humble opinion, just a marketing change and not at all a real progress towards better training.
Very desapointing
(and sorry for my english, i am french).

1 Like

For now, if you log in to your Sufferfest account, and select training plans as before (from the web), theyā€™re still there.
Not sure if weā€™re meant to be doing that or not, so coaches shoot me if thatā€™s not something I shouldnā€™t be highlighting. Too late now ā€¦.:slight_smile:
https://sufapp.thesufferfest.com/#!/training-plans
which allows us to apply the old plans quite happily (well it does for me)

3 Likes

:+1:
thank you Sir Martin !

2 Likes

Stability and usability have taken a MASSIVE DIVE into negative territory. If these CRITICAL issues are not already TOP OF THE BUG FIX LIST, then Iā€™m taking my suffering elsewhere.

1. VIDEO STABILITY. Need I say more? This is a recurring issue that is MUCH WORSE now. The old SUF fix doesnā€™t work (logout/uninstall/log back in). This is at the heart of your business - if you are grinding through Nine Hammers and the video freezesā€¦ thatā€™s not the suffering I signed up for.

2. QUICK ACCESS to RECENT Or FAVORITE workouts: Link to the workout from the calendar so I donā€™t need to search again for one I did recently. SUF had this quick-link from the ā€œPassportā€ tab showing recent workouts. This is for people who donā€™t LIVE in the PLANS world. This issue is up there with the general issue of navigating the workouts - horribleā€¦ show recents up top, give us the ability to set favorites,ā€¦ (again this is for many of us who are a la carte in our workout selection, and donā€™t use the plans)

3. WORKOUT screen USABILITY - e.g. END/SAVE/SETTINGs during a workout: Iā€™m pressing tiny little buttons on my screen way more during routine use of the workout screen. SUF used to have BIGGER buttons, also the settings dialogue would move away if you clicked anywhere in the screen, now I need to find the tiny ā€œXā€ to close it out. END/SAVE is now a few extra button presses- small buttons hard to find on the screen (black on blackā€¦) - you need to PAUSE first, SUF had fewer clicks for this use-case and it was just easier on the suffering brain.

PLEASE PLEASE fix these issues. Too much of the wrong kind of suffering and Iā€™m headed to the mountains via another appā€¦

6 Likes

David,
Super exciting to see the changesā€¦very well thought out. Once Iā€™m over my prostate cancer surgery Iā€™ll be all in and working hard in SYSTM for a productive 2022 season!

• Alex
7 Likes