Any plans for new SUF workouts?

SIR YES SIR!

Top 30 Yes Sir Salute GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

4 Likes

Correct kind Sir. 2017 is just a month away. Everyone should do this Tour just for Stage 8. A good time will be had by all. :lying_face:

https://wahoox.forum.wahoofitness.com/t/2017-tour-of-sufferlandria-revival-is-on-the-calendar/

4 Likes

I have had the honour of signing up when it was the Sufferfest, and have seen the changes. Like any culture, it evolves. And like with most cultures these days, they get more inclusive. Yes, the hard-core part may not get all the attention anymore, but it’s not gone. Less of a fraternity, more of a community. I believe the new additions of ProRides, OnLocation, AWeekWith and the inspiration videos make it a lot more inclusive. However, if you look for it, the true Sufferlandrians are still here, setting up the Wahoominati, riding the old ToS and please join us for the National Day in October.

8 Likes

The whole storyline and culture have been completely dropped within the system platform. Which is a pity as I think it would have been a wonderful way of selling the rest of the app by making it a world within the overall. Bring people in with the other great aspect with the idea of this being the special place where the really hard stuff is and to being able to enter made you something (which in many ways was the culture the Sufferfest had before the purchase).
Unfortunately even system is suffering from the money being wasted on RGT.

2 Likes

So here I will agree and I will disagree.

Sorta kinda but yeh. The lore has been mostly archived, the Knights page is buried and could use a bit of touch up paint. The SUF vids are now a Channel within a much larger SYSTM :wink: but you could arguably have said that before too. That is, prior to SYSTM in the SUF app, there was yoga, mental training, strength training and GCN vids that had little to do with Sufferlandria :pray:.

I dunno man. There is content in The Pro Rides that imho are “harder” than many SUF vids. Some of the AWW vids, like the UCI Road vid is nearly impossible for me at 100%, same thing goes for some of the OL workouts.

I look at SYSTM as being the gateway to Sufferlandria. Sufferlandrians know we’re special and it’s not just cuz we are here. It’s cuz we can’t leave :wink:

Nothing must dull the suffering :smiling_imp:. I don’t know what the cost and/or resource distribution is from The Company to develop RGT vs SYSTM but I personally don’t see this as a waste nor do the MANY others who has been using RGT for quite some time, continue to use it to train and race and are a VERY active community in and of themselves (though not so much in the forums as opposed to FB). I also like RGT (though it’s far from perfect) and am glad to have it for free with my WahooX sub and to have ditched my sub to Zwift.

I’ll continue to fight for a home for the lore and a Knight’s page worthy of a KoS and the promotion of The Sufferfest aspect of SYSTM. After all, the wahoominati are watching. The wahoominati are always watching.

Sufferlandria will thrive as long as Sufferlandrians thrive.

7 Likes

NO idea how you do the quote bit so bare with me. :slight_smile:

• Don’t get me wrong, I love the rest of system. Pro Rides have gotten me through some horrible weather as replacement race/long rides. I just feel the Sufferlandria is kind of forgotten.
  • The special place would have to be built up with the culture again. Does not always have to be the reality.
  • I find RGT interesting. Lots of friends use System but none use RGT and some also use Zwift. Those that do to a person feel its just a cheap version that is not worth the time.
4 Likes

Pointing Up GIFs | Tenor

Speaking of…

VENTOOOOOUUUUUUX! :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

Did the Ventoux ProRide w Clara K this morning. First ride over an hour since I crashed out last month and I did…this.

:mountain::goat:

#greatfrenchchallenge
#morethanyou

4 Likes

Hahaha, yeh. I did this one once and have no intention of doing it again. There is no badge shiny enough :man_shrugging: #morethanme #pursuitofyellow #justcuzthecompanyhadtochangethenamedoesntmeanwehaveto

2 Likes

@JamesJordan Just highlight the text and “quote” should come up - select and it starts a new message. To add more quotes just go back to the message you want to quote and repeat the process.

Check out the tutorial for more info - message @discobot start tutorial and it will take you through all of the features.

Not forgotten but perhaps repositioned in the overall offering - the content is broader so it isn’t the sole focus. If we had a Tour of Sufferfest this year folks probably would feel differently but I suspect that the company wrestles with how to look at things in total when there is a mix of legacy Sufferfest users and newer users. They are trying to make money at the end of the day.

I use RGT a fair amount. I was skeptical at first but have grown to like it. It works really well with the Climb and there are some great routes to ride and the magic roads feature is pretty cool. I have been on a few of the group rides and used the radio feature and have had some great conversations with other riders.

Being a legacy Sufferfest myself I wondered if the new features - OL, ProRides, AWW, RGT - would be of interest to me and they have. I am even riding more of the NoVids because I can either take them outside on my Element Roam or ride them in RGT. There are a lot of good NoVids that have improved my cycling and provided variety from some of the usual workouts.

To me Sufferlandria is what you want to make of it. We can do something with it as a community and I feel that many here do - or we can just move on to the next thing which likely doesn’t have anything like what this app currently provides especially for the overall value offered.

8 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like