Any plans for new SUF workouts?

Would love to know if there are any near term plans for new SUF workouts? All the Inspiration, On Location and Pro rides are great but there is nothing like a SUF video for great music, funny storylines and humor and great structured workouts. Doing the more recent workouts just makes me realize how wonderful they are and how great it would be to have more of them coming.

11 Likes

+1

3 Likes

+1

4 Likes

Raise Hand GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

@washsaint See the below thread. I think they mentioned a workout similar to the Omnium on the RGT content team ride a few months ago.

2 Likes

The wahoominati will award 100 SUF points to Sir @Francois-Wahoo if he can confirm that thereā€™ll be at least 1 new SUF vid this year and 1000 SUF points for 2.

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 7.13.43 AM

8 Likes

I think The Sufferfest is dead, most people just havenā€™t recognized it yet.

1 Like

I think you are 100% wrong.

Edit: out of curiosity, what makes you think it is anyway?

I know youā€™ve been here a long timeā€¦so have I.

Do you really think Sufferlandria is the same or better than it used to be? I donā€™t.

Little to no new Sufferfest videos, a reduction in the intensity of existing videos, no Tour of Sufferlandria, different logos, downplaying the Knights of Sufferlandria, no bleeding eyes, the loss of the Chief Suffering Officer, absorption and assimilation into something ā€˜biggerā€™ā€¦ Iā€™m sure you could think of some other differences too.

It just becoming homogenized. Eventually the rump will completely disappear and only the old farts will remember the way it used to be.

N

2 Likes

:cry:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

#IWBMATTKYT
#TWAAW

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

I have always found it interesting when people give that poem as advice. It was written by somebody who was psychologically unstable, and died at the age of 39 from the behaviors of that instability. Sort as if somebody upped the intensity on Kitchen Sink to 500% and rode it until they dropped.

Let us suppose you are correct.
It still is the best workout/training program around for self-coached athletes.

3 Likes

Donā€™t tempt me!

:smirk:

1 Like

Really though, yeah Dylan Thomasā€™ story - like many great artists - was tragic and a real waste. Still a great poem, though!

1 Like

Short answer, in a word, no. Definitely NOT the same. Not ā€œbetterā€ than it used to be. Instead Iā€™d say its ā€œdifferentā€. I donā€™t think we can fairly compare SYSTM (where our sub to Wahoo X now includes RGT) with The Sufferfest of old. But itā€™s been an evolution and itā€™s been coming for quite a while. Even Team Scream, an absolute favourite of many a Sufferlandrian, was a proof of concept for the Pro Rides while The Way Out, TGTTOS and GAWI paved the way for Sir Standsalotā€™s On Location series and now weā€™ve got some GREAT vids and workouts with Nicole Frain. :heart::heart::heart:

So, the addition of yoga, strength training, mobility training, the Pro Ride series, the A Week With series, the On Location series, the introduction of all the No-vids and The Knowledge Podcast just donā€™t fit within The Sufferfest model but that doesnā€™t make Sufferlandria worse for the wear. It makes it different. It makes it so thereā€™s something for everyone. I think thatā€™s a good thing. Iā€™d even argue that those who initially shy or shied away from The Sufferfest vids and start with OL rides or AWW stuff, once theyā€™ve tasted the inimitable The Sufferfest vids they quickly renounce their Couchlandrian ways.

In the before times weā€™d get 1 or 2 new SUF vids a year. Now we donā€™t get them as often but weā€™re still getting them. And, while our former fearless leader, Sir David has left the building, much of the genius of The Sufferfest vids rests with Sir @Francois-Wahoo, even though many people donā€™t realize this or the extent of his contributions.

Personally Iā€™m happy to see SUF Science modifications to workouts. Anyone who wants to smash themselves repeatedly into a wall can always go full on level mode and knock themselves out.

Iā€™m with you on the downplaying of the Knights of Sufferlandria, and the renaming of the ToS to that unspeakable name I still canā€™t bring myself to say. Hence my continual mocking of it by calling it the Wahoolimabob Tour. So, the ToS for what it was is dead, but not Sufferlandria.

Go ahead and join Sir @Critmark on his retro ToS that started with the 2013 ToS and is now up to 2017 (I think). Thereā€™s no shortage of Sufferlandrians doing Sufferlandrian things. Did you see Sir @emacdougā€™s Month of Defender? Or his 3rd or 4th Knighthood Quest (I honestly canā€™t keep track :older_man:t2:)?

Will you join us on SUF Day 2023?

Will you join the wahoominati in their mission to make sure The Company is held to account and that Sufferlandria and The Sufferfest continue to thrive?

Sufferlandria is not dead.
Sufferlandria is a state of mind.

IWBMATTKYT
TUHNTF
TWAAW

10 Likes

/eyeroll

I mean, for YOU Sir @Glen.Coutts , sureā€¦

:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Well the short answer was ā€œnoā€. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes