Anyone race cyclocross?

I always say cyclocross is the most fun and most stupid thing you can do on a bike. You can be fast and fantastic or slow as hell like I am and still have a blast as you are basically pushing yourself for 30-40 minutes (for lower categories). It is even more awe inspiring when you see it at the world-elite level like this past weekend in Fayetteville.

4 Likes

I had a pretty successful CX season for me. I did the SYSTM CX training plan and that seemed to focus on explosive power. I was finding that I could match other riders on acceleration but didn’t have the longevity. That finished in the middle of the CX season. I then added a FTP 4-week block and that’s when I posted my best finishes of the season (15th and 9th out of 70 riders).

Most important to have fun and try to smile in between those moments of suffering!

2 Likes

@Magic_velo I ride XC MTB - probably similar to CX in some ways - and have found the FTP block really helpful as well. I am also working on lifting in the offseason. I really need to try a CX race this year - perhaps later in the season.