Apple M1 Chips

I genuinely can’t wait!

One thing I’d like to get into the habit of doing is putting together some videos of photos/videos of my toddler. Going to give Davinci Resolve a go for that as it’s free lol

But it’s main use will be for Suf of course :slight_smile:

It’s in the courier’s hands :slight_smile:

Love it.

I always wanted to give DaVinci a try. This will warrant a thread of it’s own.

So far I only dipped my toe into adobes solution, but can’t justify the cost anymore.
I’m an absolute beginner after all.
I was thinking of getting some more experience doint little videos during TOS - if time permits.

1 Like

Yeah that could be cool. I’ve got an older GoPro that I’ll try and set up for something like that.

Years ago I did edit a few of my diving videos and a couple if my bigger bike rides. But I didn’t have a clue what I was doing :slight_smile: I’ve tagged a few DaVinci intros on YouTube so will start with those.

I believe there’s a native M1 beta as well

It’s here :grin:

1 Like

It’s definitely a LOT quicker than my 5 year old windows tower :slight_smile:

Had it hooked up to my usb c dock tonight so I could have Suf on my pain cave TV and running a zoom session on the laptop screen. Didn’t miss a beat!

And the screen is amazing! Definitely happy so far, although still a lot to learn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you install the desktop or iOS app? The App Store only showed iOS for me - it worked fine - couldn’t make full screen.

I’ve got the desktop version. You’ll want to download it from the Suf web site as the Mac app isn’t in the app store.

Works really well!

Thank you. New to the desktop side.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s all very new to me. I keep expecting to find things in the App store as I’m thinking of it more as an iPad with a keyboard, but really it’s more like windows in that respect. Apps don’t need to go through the app store so I guess developers just take the opportunity to not have to jump through the various hoops to get then published on there :slight_smile:

Quite enjoying the change from Windows though. I also like that it has a bit of an Ubuntu feel to some aspects of it.

1 Like

Hey, are you having any issues with power and stuff?

Mine’s been flawless so far, but I’m on a wahoo KICKR and Assioma Pedals so different sensors.

I do get the odd split second loss of power numbers but only maybe once per workout and I only notice it from the graph. And I’ve always had that kind of interference in my cave, the Mac has been better than my Windows tower for that actually.

I’m connecting my MBA M1 with a Wahoo KICKR Bike, roughly twice a week - no problems whatsoever. Rock solid bluetooth connection.

Most days I am using my iOS device to run the SUF app.

1 Like

Are you both using BT or USB C adapter with Ant+ dongle?

KICKR control has been over BTLE but Ive had Ant+ HR sensors connected using my USB C dock (Anker if that helps). I’ve not tried Ant+ FEC on it though as to be honest I’ve always found BTLE to be a better connection (albeit not perfect).

1 Like

Hello All. I was thinking of getting a Mac Mini M! to use with my Asus external display. Thank for posting about your M1 Mac working.

Any thoughts about Bluetooth congestion. With the Mini I’d need to add an external keyboard and mouse pad plus the Bluetooth from my KICKR Bike and Wahoo HRM. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Simon

Unfortunately I can’t really say as I use a Logitech wireless keyboard but not the Bluetooth one.

All I can say is that the Bluetooth connection to numerous cycling apps has been flawless on my M1 Air

Thanks. I did wonder about looking for a wireless keyboard with wifi dongle or even a small cabled one. I have spare ports. They would also be cheaper than the Apple keyboard.

Yeah, I use the Logitech K400 which has the trackpad as well. Obviously the keys are technically Windows oriented but it does work.

2 Likes

Before the M1 Mac I used a MacBook Air with Intel i5 processor.
I connected my Kickr Bike, Airpod headphones, Garmin HR monitor, wireless keyboard and trackpad (both from Apple) without any problems. At the same time a Wahoo Headwind was in the mix.

I don’t believe there will be any trouble.

If you try, don‘t just take my word for it, maybe pick devices with a good return policy. It‘s possible my pain cave is just blessed with no other interferences.

1 Like