Apple TV app

Yup. In the menu … I’ll go grab a link …

This will hopefully work as a direct link:Feature Requests - test link

I’m wondering if doing split screen on the TV you could use an hdmi input from one of the iPads (or computer) while using Airplay on the other.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has gotten that working.

Zwift (Apple TV) subscriber here ready to make the switch to Sufferfest the moment there is an Apple TV app. Any updates on timing?

4 Likes

Same here. I would switch immediately when the SUF ATV app is available.

4 Likes

Any update from the devs on the app? Another potential subscriber here

4 Likes

Any updates?

3 Likes

It would be a big upgrade to be able to use Apple TV

1 Like

Any updates regarding suff being available on Apple TV?, i can’t airplay as don’t use Apple devices other than Apple TV and not interested in using suff on phone.
New Kickr Bike is screaming out for Fight Club !

I think the BIG priority is to get android out (currently in beta testing). I’m pretty sure AppleTV is on the team’s mind but I don’t think we’re talking near future atm.

2 Likes

And I think it has to be programmed completely independently of the Sufferfest App rather than just being adapted and modified.

@LEETHOL I use an HDMI to lightening connector to connect both my phone and iPad to my TV and it works really well. That may be something that could work with Apple TV too. My understanding is that Apple TV can be really tricky for apps where responsiveness is critical and I think it also has some limitations on the number of blue tooth devices. I seem to recall someone from SUF talking about that a while back in a similar thread. Last I heard they are focused on getting out an Android app and also providing an overall refresh on the app which some of us are hoping will include some connection to Wahoo headunits as well so it will be easier to take workouts outside and also collect outdoor ride metrics too as part of a training plan.

2 Likes

Although I wish it wasn’t the case, AppleTV is not on our roadmap for this year. The absolute priority is getting Android out the door and that will happen this year. On a side note: We are seeing more and more televisions equipped with the ability to take screen mirroring from Apple devices (e.g., your phone) without the use of AppleTV.

2 Likes

Hugely disappointing, and a deal breaker for me…
I have tested and tried most of the leading apps, and was heavily leaning towards SF as my app of choice.

I have tried all combinations of tablet, pc, phone etc.
And finally settled on Apple TV as the most straightforward.

However, regardless of the “work arounds” and mirroring suggestions, the lack of an ATV app just kills SF for me.

Despite its inferior training section, and the cartoon interface, it’s easy to see why Zwift is the market leader….

It’s been down to ease of accessibility on all platforms and devices… to put it simply, it just works without too much hassle.

1 Like

While I sure have my troubles with SUF, Apple TV is none of those.
Mirroring with my iPhone works like a charm every single time (quality is still superb on a big projector screen) and as a bonus you don’t have to fiddle with the appleTV remote :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Mowag @Alan_S I use an HDMI cable and lightning adapter to connect my phone and iPad to the big screen. It works great. I haven’t tried mirroring.

2 Likes

SUF is the best training app available at the moment, especially for time-crunched athletes like myself. Why use an inferior product when it’s a simple matter to stream the video to the Apple TV. That’s effectively not much different than pairing your sensors to a native Apple TV app. The difference is the content of the stream.

2 Likes

My point is… That with Zwift, Rouvy, there is NO need to cast or stream…or do any other sort of workaround via HDMI etc…they just enable the trainer to connect direct to ATV (Simple)… leaving my iPad free for other things… (i.e listening to music or watching netflix whilst SF is on the TV).
I do not disagree that SF is the ideal training app… but for me personally this lack of ATV direct functionality means its a no go… its a choice thing. And I’m sure there are others who see it as a short coming, whereas others may not…

I’d really like an AppleTV SUF app too but for me it’s def not a deal breaker. If I want to multi task, I’ll use SUF on my Mac or iPhone and use the AppleTV for Netflix, or Prime etc. For music, I often listen to music (turning the SUF tunes off) and can still airplay via the AppleTV to the big screen. I don’t really see this as a workaround and it is pretty simple and straightforward. I’ve never had connectivity issues and find the experience hassle free.

Fwiw, when I use Zwift via AppleTV I still have to use the Zwift companion on my phone since the AppleTV remote is crap for in-ride messaging and giving ride-ons changing screen view etc. I also use RGT on occasion and need the phone to connect all the bits.

So, for my money, I can still use SUF on AppleTV without faffing about with cables, can still multi-task and choose between screens. In my particular case, in my pain cave the AppleTV is connected to a tv mounted on the wall right in front of my trainer which isn’t an ideal place for me to do the Yoga, Strength or Mental training stuff, so if I was limited to the AppleTV app, there’s a lot of SUF stuff I wouldn’t be able to do.

I realize this is a personal choice @Alan_S, but wanted to address the issues you raised. Also, if you didn’t already know, you can never leave :wink:

evil laugh

5 Likes

Hi Cody,
14 months on now from June 2020. Is there any update on when there is likely to be an Apple TV app for Wahoo SYSTM?
Why is Android Wahoo’s priority?
SYSTM is a no go for me unless there is some Apple interface.
I would really appreciate an update.
Thanks Kenco

1 Like

The update given by @David.McQuillen.KoS was “not this year”.

The app can be installed on Macs, iPads and iPhones. So unless I’m misunderstanding, there is an Apple interface.