Aug update on the SUF app (including Android)

Power Match?

2 Likes

I need to get some parts. I’ll follow your advice to find them.

Yes, I really miss an option in Sufferfest to compare workouts. Power and heartbeat for all the times I have suffered the spesific workout. Look at Strava, they have made it.

2 Likes

No plans at all for Power Match. While there are some other reasons for wanting it, the accuracy of smart trainers reaching pretty much the same levels of power meters, the requests for power match has declined quite a bit.

4 Likes

Oh that is a pity. I do believe Powermatch should be a standard feature. I agree that the power measures of a smart trainer are accurate but in my view powermatch is mainly to keep the power numbers the same outside and inside. In my case the trainer reads almost 10% lower in average than my stages. Not sure what the effort is to make it happen but I hope you reconsider this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

power numbers outside compared to inside will always differ. we tend to go harder when we ride outdoors for several reasons (e.g. different conditions etc.). there’s quite s bit of evidence to support this (lab vs. field tests) so imo comparing numbers doesn’t really make sense unless you’re s pro and the coaches are able to put all the numbers into context.

7 Likes

Thanks for replying. What about the ability to scale the power output to match your existing power meter then?

This is great news because, #tosiscoming

1 Like

I think you’re experiencing what Isi refers to. Outside, we can generally generate more power than we can inside. This is why you feel like there is a difference in power between your power meter and your trainer. (unless you’re referring to a situation where, when training inside, you see a clear difference in the number that your power meter and trainer are reporting). Our Sports Science Team has written a bit about why inside and outside numbers are different: Indoor Cycling Power vs. Outdoor Power: Know the Difference - The Knowledge

1 Like

My indoor season starts Sept. 27 – 12 weeks before Christmas. Hope it’s ready :crossed_fingers:

I know what you mean however when I record the power outputs from my crank based PM and my turbo on 2 separate head units I get a discrepancy which accounts for more than can be explained by drive train losses. On all other platforms this difference can eliminated by Power Match. having a Power Scaling factor would also do the job. It’s a shame really as I really quite enjoyed Sufferfest when I had my free trial and the I reckon the Full & Half Monty are excellent ways of expressing your fitness.

3 Likes

I can get a drift of 10-15w in my smart trainer when it gets cold in the garage over the winter. I was on the beta test for power my arch a while ago and was really hoping that it would make the new version.

2 Likes

Really excited for the Android version of the app, hopefully before indoor season hits the Rockies!

1 Like

This needs to happen asap for those of us who don’t have a computer/laptop.

How is this launch going to effect us if we have already set up our fall indoor season plan and it starts around the 1st of October? Am I going to have to redo my training plan I have?

I don’t think so, from what I’ve seen of the beta. All I can say is that it will be worth the wait.

1 Like

I just hope it’ll be available for the Nvidia Shield as well (don’t mind if mouse support is necessary, just love to have it on the Shield and installable from the Play store)

I have Zwift on the Shield now (sideloaded, which is a pain to update)

The only thing I actually like better on Zwift, are the races (and the fact it runs on Android)

Nope. Your plan will be fine. You might just have a bit of workout envy as you see all the new content, though. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I am on my free two months but annual sub starting end of August. I need to make a go no go decision, any chance of a sneak preview :wink:

That’s cold man.

3 Likes