Bontrager Specter Wavecel has built-in eye protection

I’ve needed a new helmet for quite awhile now. This was ½ price so couldn’t pass it up.

12 Likes

Even without the eye protection :upside_down_face:, it’s a great helmet. The only thing I don’t like it is that I can’t stick my glasses in the vents.

1 Like

That almost prevented me from buying it.

It did save a friend’s life. That and comfort offset the glasses/vent thing for me.

2 Likes

Wow!!

A bunch of people I ride with have this (or other versions of the WaveCel) and I’ve always liked the look. Got a decent rating on the Virginia Tech 2022 ratings site too. ½ price sealed the deal. :crossed_fingers:t2: I never have to test it’s life saving design.

I had a very minor spill a couple years ago with a very slight bump on the side of my old Spesh helmet. I really ought to have replaced it then.

Edit: bought online but wore for first time yesterday and I’ll give a +1 on the comfort.

2 Likes

Yeah I have a great Lazer helmet that i love…except that i cant stow my glasses.

1 Like

End of outdoor riding season specials? Weird time to buy a helmet for your indoor season. Your CLIMB must be a wild one.

1 Like

In Canada you have to be prepared for every mooseventuality, even indoors.

2 Likes

My Climb belt failed while doing a vEveresting effort on AdZ. Went from +12% to -10% in a fraction of a second. That was “fun”.

To Wahoo’s credit, I had a replacement in about 2 weeks and this was over Christmas in 2020.

2 Likes