Bosu strength

Decided to incorporate my Bosu balance ball (well, dome, to be more precise) into the strength workouts. I’m wondering if anyone else has tried, or tired to incorporate similar other equipment into their routines. The bosu seems to add another NM element to the single leg balance efforts. I think I will continue to use it.

1 Like

I don’t have a bosu and also wouldn’t have good enough balance (yet!) but i see no reason why not.

I’ve incorporated heavier weights and dumbbells into things like single-leg squats with reach, plus will sometimes do a couple exercises after a SUF strength to either hit weaknesses or cover off some movements that don’t get touched as much by the sessions.

It’s worked fine, hasn’t burned me out and if anything has helped me get stronger. I’ve jsut been pretty conservative with it because some of the sessions are already taxing for me.

1 Like

@Hunterkhuston Great idea! Most of the strength seems to be more about developing balance that you don’t get while pedaling on a trainer so using the ball just amps up those exercises!

1 Like

i have added strength sessions to my training, and having a PT at the gym, he started using the bosu in several different ways, I can tell you it definitely works my numbers really improved and the exercises on it helped me also engage my core more whilst exercising, thus being better both on and off the bike! :slight_smile:

1 Like