Brief power data drop in middle of HM ramp: spoiled test?

During my first “check-up” on my gains doing the HM six weeks into my program, I had a very brief data loss on my Kickr Snap setup on step #9:

The drop lasted about 5-10 seconds. I completed the ride and it calculated without any errors. In fact, MAP and FTP went up so much. I’m a little afraid of my next week that includes Blender…

This is the 2nd time I’ve ever seen this happen with my setup in 6 weeks, so I’m not sure it is a consistent thing or a problem necessarily…but I am wondering if it greatly affected my outcomes. If it did affect it, do I adjust? do the test again? you get the point. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

I had been working at 204 (4DP), but a HM just prior in that week had me at 215 (HM). The new results were 239 (HM) today. MAP went up 25points. :slight_smile: pretty pleased for 6 weeks training at 2:1…unless it’s all spoiled.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

My guess is that you are probably OK with these new numbers. See how you go with workouts using your new MAP and FTP.

If there is an effect from the dropout, it’s most likely only in the MAP, as your FTP should have been corrected during the 20 minute constrained effort.

Check this post on another HM thread: Conflicting instructions on Half Monty - #10 by Sir.Alex.Cook You may be able to contact Wahoo Support to get them to do a deeper check in the data for you.

1 Like

I’m sure this has come up before and the answer was that the software takes into account any drop outs so your test results will be fine.

4 Likes