Calibrating a power meter in Wahoo Systm

I have recently fitted a Limits Power Meter to my spin bikes pedals.
For accuracy it is recommended to re-calibrate the power meter before each ride, which is easy to do when using a stand alone bike computer like a Wahoo Bolt or Garmin.
My current Wahoo Systm setup involves an iPad connecting via Bluetooth to the HR, cadence and power meter sensors.
Within the Wahoo Systm how do you re-calibrate the power meter?

I would actually just do it with the same head unit that you’re using for your outdoor rides (although I appreciate this doesn’t directly answer your question)

1 Like

I know of no way to do this within SYSTM, for any power meter.

There’s usually an external method for calibration for power meters, either via a head unit (as previously mentioned) or via the manufacturer’s own app (if applicable).

You can’t currently, but it’s on the planned updates list

Two years past.
Do we have any progress to calibrate Wahoo trainer here ?

Hey @Anton_Miliukov and welcome to the forums. This is a pretty old post, and the original question was answered already.

Do you have a separate power meter and are asking how to calibrate it or are you asking specifically about a wahoo trainer? All Wahoo trainers can either be calibrated via the Wahoo Fitness App, or, if they’re newer, will auto-calibrate depending on which wahoo trainer you are using. If it’s a wahoo trainer, which wahoo trainer are you asking about?

1 Like

One word of caution though, you MUST manually calibrate if you just installed the trainer or if you make a significant move of the trainer. For everyday use, automatic calibration takes care of any changes induced by temperature or humidity changes.

Hi @Glen.Coutts
I’m asking about Wahoo Kickr Snap.
Why can I calibrate it in Zwift and cannot do that with the Wahoo Systm?
Regards
Anton

1 Like

I don’t know. But, when I had a Snap, I would always calibrate using the wahoo fitness app. Even Zwift recommends using the manufacturer’s mobile app
https://support.zwift.com/performing-a-calibration-spindown-ByUaXPoi9

Please open the link you provided
https://support.zwift.com/performing-a-calibration-spindown-ByUaXPoi9

My point is - why can I calibrate my trainer in Zwift and cannot do that in Wahoo Systm?
It should be one of the features in Wahoo Systm, IMHO

Regards
Anton

2 Likes

I guess the most basic answer is that wahoo has not built in trainer calibration in SYSTM and they are not likely to do that now.

In the meantime, they have built trainer calibration into their mobile Wahoo Fitness app which, they’ve recently completely revamped and it is free and readily available via Google play or the Apple App Store.

My point in sharing the link was to bring to your attention that while you can calibrate your trainer in Zwift, even Zwift is recommending you don’t.

6 Likes

Trainer and PM calibration should def be added to Systm IMO. It’d certainly be helpful and simplify things, especially for those with wheel-on trainers that need more frequent calibration.